VP of Product (Insurtech / AI)
About Us: EvolutionIQ’s mission is to improve the lives of injured and disabled workers and enable them to return to the workforce, saving billions of dollars in avoidable costs and lost productivity to the US and global economies and make insurance more affordable for everyone. We are currently experiencing massive growth and to accomplish our goals, we are hiring world-class talent who want to help build and scale internally, and transform the insurance space. We’re backed by First Round Capital, FirstMark Capital, Foundation Capital, Brewer Lane Ventures, and have been named as Inc.’s top places to work! As we scale we are making a big investment in integrating cutting-edge Large Language Models (LLMs) in our AI-native products.
The Adventure: We're the leading AI Guidance Platform company in the insurance industry today, working with some of the largest insurance companies in the US and expanding globally. We are growing incredibly fast, having started just 3 years ago. We excel at converting pilots to production deployments and we have a unicorn path ahead at a time when the market is battering other tech firms. Our technology has already helped tens of thousands of people and is helping more every single day.
About You: An enterprise software product expert. You'll conduct market research and assess competition while asking the critical questions in order to identify, qualify and satisfy customer needs. You love innovation and making a fast impact – and are always driving toward launch and delivery thanks to your high degree of ownership and control. Ambiguity isn’t a challenge, but rather a chance for you to define and narrow a problem space independently. You’re supercharged by having interesting, unsolved problems continually present themselves.
In This Role, You Will:
- Manage new products through their lifecycle
- Prioritize product and customer requirements
- Drive forward the vision and specification of our machine learning platform
- Manage and develop a team of 4 or more Product Managers
- Help define and scale our product processes and culture
- Execute delivery on winning products
- Ideally 9+ years of working in a high production environment in preferably the B2B SaaS space
- Exudes our ambitious, collaborative, and empathetic values
- Has deep experience with data-driven and/or machine learning products
- A strong track record of managing and developing teams of 5 or more Product Managers
- A pioneer that identifies new decisions to bring under management, is able to execute an initial sale and delivery as well as enable our GTM strategy to repeat and scale
- Demonstrates the ability to effectively communicate through written and verbal communication
- Has demonstrated success defining and launching excellent products
- Has a self-starter mentality with an eagerness to solve previously unsolved problems
- Can effectively correspond between technical and non-technical audiences
- Open to giving and receiving critical feedback and collaborating effectively across teams
- Ability to work our of our NYC office 3-4 days a week
Your Impact: We are looking for an ambitious VP of Product to join our growing team of Evolutioneers. You will drive forward the vision, specification, and delivery of our expanding product line. Our teams are tackling challenges to modernize claims management atop a powerful AI backend, requiring sound technical judgment.
Topline Rewards: You'll be in a leadership position with rapid performance and promotion cycles, competitive salary, company equity, and a chance to be in early enough to make your own, distinct mark on our platform but late enough where you’ll be doing it for live commercial applications — not spec projects or demos. The perks are many: remote work options, company paid professional development stipends, opportunities for cross-functional moves, and more. But just as important, we prioritize an ownership mindset — you’re the CEO of your projects and you’ll think like a CEO and have the freedom and autonomy to make your own decisions.
The Fit: We’re a team of architects and visionaries who thrive on being first. We’ve created a fun, passionate, humorous, friendly, and fiercely-driven engineering culture that values delivery and personal impact above everything else. We are open to sponsoring candidates who currently are in the US and need to transfer their active H1-B visa.
Work-life, Culture & Perks:
- Compensation: The range is $250k-275k depending on a candidate’s background and experience
- Well-Being: Full medical, dental, vision, short- & long-term disability, 401k matching. 100% of the employee contribution up to 3% and 50% of the next 2%
- Home & Family: Flexible PTO, 100% paid parental leave (4 months for primary caregivers and 3 months for secondary caregivers), sick days, paid time off. For new parents returning to work we offer a flexible schedule. We also offer sleep training to help you and your family navigate life schedules with a newborn
- Work-life Balance: We also have a flexible vacation policy and are closed for winter break at the end of the year
- Office Life: Catered lunches, happy hours, and pet-friendly office space. $500 for your in home office setup and $200/year for upgrades every year after your initial setup
- Growth & Training: $1,000/year for each employee for professional development, as well as upskilling opportunities internally
- Sponsorship: We are open to sponsoring candidates currently in the U.S. who need to transfer their active H1-B visa
EvolutionIQ appreciates your interest in our company as a place of employment. EvolutionIQ is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees
Something looks off?