IT Specialist / Junior DevOps Engineer
About us: EvolutionIQ’s mission is to improve the lives of injured and disabled workers and enable them to return to the workforce, saving billions of dollars in avoidable costs and lost productivity to the US and global economies and make insurance more affordable for everyone. We are currently experiencing massive growth and to accomplish our goals, we are hiring world-class talent who want to help build and scale internally, and transform the insurance space. We’re backed by First Round Capital, FirstMark Capital, Foundation Capital, Brewer Lane Ventures, and have been named as Inc.’s top places to work!
Your mission is ensuring a seamless technological experience for our employees and enabling everyone to have more impact. In the IT Specialist role you will be responsible for our Google Workspace administration, New York office IT infrastructure, and general corporate engineering excellence. You will collaborate closely with the DevOps and Security teams. This role requires coming to the NYC office a minimum of 4 days a week. The compensation range for this role is $90-100K with flexibility.
- Administer, monitor, and maintain our physical IT infrastructure, including MacBooks, video conference, network devices, and related hardware, ensuring optimal performance and uptime.
- Provide remote help desk support for employees, addressing technical issues and resolving them in a timely manner.
- Administer and manage our Google Workspace and Google Video Conferencing solutions, ensuring a seamless and efficient experience for all users.
- Collaborate with devops and security teams, assisting in the deployment, monitoring, and troubleshooting of applications and systems.
- Implement and maintain IT policies, procedures, and documentation to ensure compliance with industry best practices and regulatory requirements.
- Proactively identify areas for improvement in our IT infrastructure and processes and recommend appropriate solutions.
- Stay current with industry trends, emerging technologies, and best practices, applying this knowledge to our IT operations.
Experience & Skillset:
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or a related field.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in IT infrastructure management and support.
- Strong problem-solving, analytical, and troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to explain complex technical concepts to non-technical users.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience with Macbook fleet management using a tool such as Jamf or Kandji
- Experience with Google Workspace administration and supporting GVC deployments
- Experience with help desk support, ticketing systems, and incident management.
- Familiarity with devops and security operations, including deployment and monitoring of applications and systems.
Work-life, Culture & Perks:
- Compensation: Competitive salary and meaningful equity. The base salary range for this role is between $90-115k + Equity.
- Well-Being: Full medical, dental, vision, short- & long-term disability, 401k matching. 100% of the employee contribution up to 3% and 50% of the next 2%.
- Home & Family: Flexible PTO, 100% paid parental leave (4 months for primary caregivers and 3 months for secondary caregivers), sick days, paid time off. For new parents returning to work we offer a flexible schedule. We also offer sleep training to help you and your family navigate life schedules with a newborn.
- Office Life: Catered lunches, happy hours, and pet-friendly office space. $500 for your in home office setup and $200/year for upgrades every year after your initial setup
- Growth & Training: $1,000/year for each employee for professional development, as well as upskilling opportunities internally
- Sponsorship: We are open to sponsoring candidates currently in the U.S. who need to transfer their active H1-B visa.
EvolutionIQ appreciates your interest in our company as a place of employment. EvolutionIQ is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees