Hey there. Glad you found us! Flock Freight is a technology company that’s creating a smarter, more sustainable supply chain. Recognized on the CNBC “Top 50 Disruptors” list three years running (checking in this year at #20), Flock’s patented technology finds and fills trucks’ empty spaces so shippers can save money, carriers can earn more money, and goods move terminal-free with more accuracy and fewer emissions. Sounds like a pretty big task, right? Welp, it is. But we know we can make it happen.
If you’re looking for the opportunity to make a difference then you’ve come to the right place. We’re looking for folks that are innovative, love collaborating in a fast-paced environment, and find joy and excitement in doing the hard work. If that sounds like you then keep on reading and see if this role is the one for you.
About the Role:
Reporting directly to the Manager of Finance, the Financial Analyst will partner with leaders of functional departments in order to forecast operating expenses and analyze actualized results. This role will work collaboratively with our Strategic Finance Associate in preparing materials for both internal management and external stakeholders. The Financial Analyst will review current or proposed operations to provide timely and concise recommendations to improve financial performance. Detailed responsibilities include:
- Perform financial forecasting, reporting, and operational metrics tracking
- Analyze financial data and create financial models for decision support
- Report on financial performance and prepare for regular supervisor reviews
- Examine past results, perform variance analysis, identify trends, and make recommendations for improvements
- Work closely with the accounting team to ensure accurate financial reporting
- Increase productivity of the finance team by automating reporting/forecasting through development within the Anaplan ecosystem
- Forge meaningful relationships with department heads and become a trusted advisor, highlighting risks, building sensitivity models and driving solutions to problems as they arise
- 2+ years of experience in accounting, financial planning & analysis, investment banking, private equity, venture capital or related field
- BA/BS degree. Major in finance, accounting, economics and/or related field
- Experience working within dimensionalized financial planning and analysis software such as Anaplan (preferred), Workday Adaptive Planning, Essbase/Oracle HFM, etc.
- Knowledge of Oracle NetSuite a plus
- CFA or CPA preferred
- Experience with GAAP reporting
- High proficiency in financial modeling techniques
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Excel, Powerpoint, Google Sheets & Google Slides
- Understanding of financial statements and their interdependencies
- Excellent presentation skills and communication skills; ability to condense complex issues into succinct messages
- Strong problem solving, analytical and listening skills
- Highly professional in approach; exudes expertise and credibility
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced, growing, dynamic and matrixed organization
The expected base salary range for this position is $75,000 to $105,000 annually. When determining an offer, we take into account a variety of factors that are important in making compensation decisions including, but not limited to: skill sets; experience and tenure; education and certifications; and other business and organizational needs. The disclosed range estimate is based on market data for the greater San Diego area. Salary bands may, in some circumstances, be adjusted to a different geographic area depending on the candidate’s position and location. In general, Flock Freight targets the mid-point of this salary range.
In addition to salary, full-time employees are also eligible for an equity package and our competitive benefits that support you and your family as part of your total rewards package at Flock Freight. This role will be based in our Encinitas headquarters or our HQ2 in Chicago, and your physical presence will be expected in a hybrid capacity. Ask your recruiter for more specifics about your team's hybrid policy!
Our promise to you:
Flock Freight is committed to creating an environment that’s fair and inclusive. We fill our open positions based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. We value the skills of people from all backgrounds and are proud to hire, promote, and retain talent from a diverse candidate pool. Diverse perspectives are central to innovation at Flock Freight and make our team better. We're interested in your inherent abilities, not just the skills you bring from your last role - if you think you have what it takes to succeed in the role but don't check every box, please still get in touch. We'd love to start a conversation with you.
Life & Benefits of the Flock:
- Unlimited PTO: Our Flockers work hard and deserve the time they need to rest and recharge. With no accrual system, we encourage you to the time you need off, when you need it.
- 401(k) Employer Match: We know Flock may just be a stepping stone in your epic journey, but we want to be sure you’re setting your future self up for success! For that reason, we provide a 401(k) plan that offers a 4% employer match.
- Medical, Dental & Vision: Generous coverage for employees and dependents. Both HMO and PPO options provided with 100% Employer paid options for employees.
- Hybrid Work Environment: We are happy to offer our employees a hybrid work model to balance both the power of in-person connection and flexibility of work from home. In general, Flock Freight teams are on-site 3 days a week.
Flock Freight has zero tolerance for behavior that negatively impacts marginalized groups, including women, people of color, veterans, immigrants, people with disabilities, and members of the LGBTQIA+ community. We invite people of all identities to join the Flock!