Carrier Success Specialist (March Onboarding)
Hey there. Glad you found us! Flock Freight is a technology company that’s creating a smarter, more sustainable supply chain. Recognized on the CNBC “Top 50 Disruptors” list three years running (checking in this year at #20), Flock’s patented technology finds and fills trucks’ empty spaces so shippers can save money, carriers can earn more money, and goods move terminal-free with more accuracy and fewer emissions. Sounds like a pretty big task, right? Welp, it is. But we know we can make it happen.
If you’re looking for the opportunity to make a difference then you’ve come to the right place. We’re looking for folks that are innovative, love collaborating in a fast-paced environment, and find joy and excitement in doing the hard work. If that sounds like you then keep on reading and see if this role is the one for you.
In the Carrier Success Specialist role, you'll be a critical part of the team on the front lines introducing carriers to the Flock Platform, training them on the tools and features available to them, and curating a carrier experience that includes both technology and a human touch. You will take ownership of building strategic relationships with our network of carriers and work with these partners to move our customers' freight in multi-stop truckloads optimized by technology. You'll work to identify and implement continuous improvement opportunities for our digital carrier network and drive platform adoption and engagement while ensuring retention and expansion opportunities, thus driving the overall operational excellence of Flock's booking process.
- Build deep, strategic relationships with truckload carrier partners
- Develop and engage new and existing carriers and carrier acquisition channels for fulfillment execution on shipments
- Drive adoption of Flock's automated services and technology (Self Service Platform)
- Balance high-touch sales activities and tech-driven automation tools to build a largely digital book of business
- Leverage negotiation skills and a strong sales approach to increase margins for each shipment
- Notification of appropriate parties when there are any delays as they relate to shipments
- Review carrier feedback and respond promptly to optimize operations
- Collaborate cross-departmentally to leverage carrier analytics and tools for data-driven buying decisions
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Minimum 2 years experience in carrier sales or similar role within a brokerage environment
- Desire to join a fast-paced, early-stage startup
- Swiftly adapt to and thrive in a rapidly evolving industry
- Ability to learn new systems effectively
- Creative, forward-thinking, with strong attention to detail
- Vigorous problem-solving skills
- Ability to communicate effectively
The expected compensation range for this position is $60,000 - $67,000/year + variable commission. When determining an offer, we take into account a variety of factors that are important in making compensation decisions including but not limited to skill sets; experience and tenure; education and certifications; and other business and organizational needs. The disclosed range estimate is based on market data for the greater San Diego area. Salary bands may, in some circumstances, be adjusted to a different geographic area depending on the candidate’s position and location. In general, Flock Freight targets the mid-point of this salary range.
In addition to salary, full-time employees are also eligible for our competitive benefits that support you and your family as part of your total rewards package at Flock Freight. If you are local to San Diego, Chicago, or the surrounding areas, your presence will be expected in one of Flock Freight’s headquarters locations (San Diego or Chicago).
Our promise to you:
Flock Freight is committed to creating an environment that’s fair and inclusive. We fill our open positions based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. We value the skills of people from all backgrounds and are proud to hire, promote, and retain talent from a diverse candidate pool. Diverse perspectives are central to innovation at Flock Freight and make our team better. We're interested in your inherent abilities, not just the skills you bring from your last role - if you think you have what it takes to succeed in the role but don't check every box, please still get in touch. We'd love to start a conversation with you.
Life & Benefits of the Flock:
- Flexible PTO: Our Flockers work hard and deserve the time they need to rest and recharge. With no accrual system, we encourage you to the time you need off, when you need it.
- 401(k) Employer Match: We know Flock may just be a stepping stone in your epic journey, but we want to be sure you’re setting your future self up for success! For that reason, we provide a 401(k) plan that offers a 4% employer match.
- Medical, Dental & Vision: Generous coverage for employees and dependents. Both HMO and PPO options provided with 100% Employer paid options for employees.
Flock Freight has zero tolerance for behavior that negatively impacts marginalized groups, including women, people of color, veterans, immigrants, people with disabilities, and members of the LGBTQIA+ community. We invite people of all identities to join the Flock!