Technical Support Engineer - US Remote
Fortanix is a dynamic start-up solving some of the world’s most demanding data protection challenges for companies and governments around the world. Our disruptive technology maintains data privacy across its entire lifecycle -- at rest, in motion, and in use across any enterprise IT infrastructure -- public cloud, on-premise, hybrid cloud, and SaaS.
With key strategic partners like Microsoft, Intel, ServiceNow, and Snowflake, Fortanix customers like PayPal, Google & Adidas are reaping the benefits. Recognized by Gartner as a “Cool Vendor”, Fortanix is revolutionizing cyber security.
Join the revolution!
Why work with us?
We're seeking passionate people to work with us to change the very idea of how people use cloud computing. We take pride in making Fortanix a great place to work. Coworkers recognize that great ideas can come from anyone, and everyone is encouraged to jump in, contribute, and ask questions.
In tackling the hardest problems, we believe that working together will produce better solutions.
At Fortanix, we are redefining what cloud security means. Our customers use our software platform to build and run software much more securely than was previously possible. We are seeking Customer Support Engineers who will help deploy, implement, upgrade and optimize the Fortanix platform.
This position requires a mixture of excellent project management, problem solving, troubleshooting, analytical and strong technical skills. The ideal candidate will be comfortable interacting with customers at all levels, working with our engineering teams and driving technical workstreams.
- Provide post sales technical support, configurations, troubleshooting, and standard methodologies to customers via phone, e-mail, and web
- Handle support cases to ensure issues are recorded, tracked, resolved, and follow-ups finished in a timely manner
- Use fault isolation and root cause analysis skills to diagnose and tackle complicated technical issues
- Work to reproduce customer issues and qualify critical issues
- Publish Technical Support Bulletins and other user documentation in the Knowledge Base
- Build a positive customer experience by working closely with Development, Sales, Quality Assurance
- Responsible for reviewing user documentation for training materials, technical marketing collateral, manuals, problem solving guides, etc.
- Provide on-call support 24x7 on an as needed basis
- Hands-on 5+ years related experience working in a support organization
- Strong technical skills are required. Experience with Linux, Kubernetes, Docker, Python or other scripting languages
- Familiarity with HSM and KMS in the cloud (AWS CloudHSM, AWS KMS, Google KMS, Azure KeyVault, IBM KeyProtect, etc.)
- Understanding of HSM and various crypto interfaces (PKCS#11, CAPI, CNG, JCE, etc.). Experience with HSM from another company is a plus.
- Understanding of KMS interfaces (KMIP, REST API, etc.)
- Experienced with database encryption, tokenization, certificate management other key management operations.
- Ability to work in a highly fast paced, rapid growth environment.
- Strong collaboration, written and communication skills
What we offer:
- We offer a collaborative work environment, amazing equity, great benefits, competitive salary, and the opportunity to redefine cloud computing.
- Unlimited PTO (it’s between you and your work!)
- Friendly culture that brings the best out of everybody
- 401k (no matching)
- Health Insurance, Dental and Vision.
Fortanix is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive workplace with equal opportunity for all applicants and teammates. Our goal is to recruit the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other status. If you’re interested in working in a fast-growing, exciting working environment – we encourage you to apply!
Something looks off?