Pre Sales Engineer - India
Fortanix is a dynamic start-up solving some of the world’s most demanding data protection challenges for companies and governments around the world. Our disruptive technology maintains data privacy across its entire lifecycle -- at rest, in motion, and in use across any enterprise IT infrastructure -- public cloud, on-premise, hybrid cloud, and SaaS.
With key strategic partners like Microsoft, Intel, ServiceNow, and Snowflake, Fortanix customers like PayPal, Google & Adidas are reaping the benefits. Recognized by Gartner as a “Cool Vendor”, Fortanix is revolutionizing cyber security.
Join the revolution!
Why work with us?
We're seeking passionate people to work with us to change the very idea of how people use cloud computing. We take pride in making Fortanix a great place to work. Coworkers recognize that great ideas can come from anyone, and everyone is encouraged to jump in, contribute, and ask questions.
In tackling the hardest problems, we believe that working together will produce better solutions.
We are looking for an experienced Sales Engineer responsible for selling into new prospects as well as farming back into existing customers for high renewals and to keep customer satisfaction levels at all-time high. Successful candidates will have at least 7 years of experience as an enterprise sales engineer with infrastructure, cloud, or security vendors, and would be accountable for revenue goals driven by innovative technical programs and day-to-day customer-facing account-level activities. Ideal candidates also are driven by success, are highly energetic with strong hands-on skills, and embody the “can-do” attitude. This critical role will have close interactions primarily with Sales, and will extend to Product Management, Customer Success, Engineering, as well as external stakeholders such as customers and partners.
- Location: India
- Remote Option: Yes
What you’ll do (Duties and Responsibilities):
You will be part of the Fortanix Sales Engineering organization focused on the following outcomes:
- Drive revenue goals through close alignment to company’s revenue targets:
- Evangelize Fortanix products to prospects, customers and partners via presentations and demonstrations
- Work closely with prospects early in the sales process to gain deep understanding of their technical requirements and propose how best to address them through the unique Fortanix solution / portfolio
- Provide technical leadership in the analysis, design and development of a fully integrated technology solution for prospects and existing customers based on their business challenges
- Respond to functional and technical requirements in RFIs/RFPs
- Successfully lead, manage and execute technical Proof-Of-Concepts (POCs), on-premises or via remotely
- Deliver technical training and/or conduct technical workshops for prospects, customers and partners
- Understand and document market feedback to guide new product enhancements / features:
- “Be the voice” of the customer to Fortanix internal stakeholders on technical enhancements / new features
- Liaise with Product Management, Customer Success, Engineering and Marketing to provider consultative technical expertise based on customer’s requirements
- Customer Service
- Respond to and liaise with Customer Success teams to manage any customer related technical issues
- Discover potential up-sell opportunities from new requirements / business challenges through regular feedback sessions with customers
- What you’ll need (Basic Qualifications)
- Proven work experience of 7+ years as a Sales Engineer
- Experience selling and implementing Enterprise Software, Security Platforms, Cloud Platforms (IaaS/PaaS), or Virtual Infrastructure
- Track record in selling into enterprises, including $1M+ deals and or selling to Global 500 / Financial Services companies
- Familiar with various operating systems (Windows/Linux)
- Familiar with at least one programming or scripting language (e.g. C/C++, Python, Perl, GoLang, Rust, Shell scripting)
- Domain expertise in IT Operations with one or more of the following systems:
- Virtualization (VMWare, Hyper-V, KVM)
- Cloud Service Providers (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Microservices (Docker, Kubernetes, OpenShift)
- Databases (Oracle, MongoDB, MySQL, Microsoft SQL, DB2, Informix)
- Storage (NetApp, HDS, Dell/EMC)
- Backup and Recovery (COMMVAULT, Veritas, Cohesity, Rubrik)
- Ability to forge strong, long-lasting relationships with “technical champions”
- Ability to navigate, organize and analyze any sales-level obstacles using creative and adaptive techniques
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Excellent communication skills with peers and non-technical people.
- Comfortable in conducting technical and business presentations to small and larger groups of audience
- Comfortable conducting the business meetings with CxO level audience
- Comfortable working for a dynamic technical organization with a fast-growing customer base
- Previous experience working for a dynamic and young organization is a plus
- Experience working with data security solutions is a plus
- Expertise in various “crypto” interfaces (PKCS#11, CAPI, CNG, JCE, KMIP, etc…) is highly regarded, but not mandatory
- Experience or knowledge in Confidential Computing is highly regarded, but not mandatory
- Mediclaim Insurance – Employees and their eligible dependents including dental coverage
- Personal Accident Insurance
- Internet Reimbursement
Fortanix is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive workplace with equal opportunity for all applicants and teammates. Our goal is to recruit the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other status. If you’re interested in working in a fast-growing, exciting working environment – we encourage you to apply!
Something looks off?