Federal Regional Sales Director - Intelligence Community (IC)
About Fortanix Federal
Fortanix, a U.S. based company, delivers an emerging technology platform that solves some of the world’s most demanding data protection challenges for companies & governments around the globe. Our disruptive technology maintains data privacy across its entire lifecycle - at rest, in motion, & in use. Deployment options include the tactical edge, FedRamp clouds, on-premise, hybrid cloud, & SaaS.
With key strategic partners including Microsoft, Intel, ServiceNow, & Snowflake, Fortanix customers such as the Department of Justice, Department of Health & Human Services, Leidos, DoD, & the Intelligence Community are reaping the benefits. Recognized by Gartner as a “Cool Vendor”, Fortanix is revolutionizing data security.
Join the revolution!
Why work with us?
The timing is ideal to join Fortanix:
- Federal agencies have presidential mandates (EO 14028) to protect critical data.
- DHS CISA & NSA are publishing data protection guidance that can be addressed with our Data Security Manager platform.
- A major transition will take place from the current cryptography standards to quantum – resistant algorithms in the coming years.
- Legacy competitive vendors simply lack the architectural agility & scalability for the requirements ahead for trends such as Internet of Things (IoT).
We're seeking passionate people to work with us to change the very idea of how Federal agencies protect their data. We take pride in making Fortanix a great place to work. Coworkers recognize that great ideas can come from anyone, & everyone is encouraged to jump in, contribute, & ask questions.
In tackling the hardest problems, we believe that working together will produce better results for our employees & customers.
Fortanix is in search of a proven sales leader to drive the expansion of our team and business across the Federal segments. Reporting to the Chief Revenue Officer, we’re looking for a player/coach to scale a growing team of AEs skilled at driving revenue, and managing large agency accounts on both the civilian side and in the IC & adjacent DoD segments.
The ideal candidate will bring a track-record of consistent overachievement as an Federal seller, and experience leading a team that is skilled in selling into the civilian, IC and DOD segments. We’re looking for a hands-on leader who wants to be directly involved in key deals, in addition to coaching and team-building. As a member of Fortanix’s leadership, you’ll serve as a strategic partner across the broader GTM organization, providing guidance on account strategy, deal prioritization, and value-selling best practices.
As a Federal Regional Sales Director reporting to the CRO, you will own, drive, & be rewarded for your business.
- Develop and execute territory account plans to achieve quota responsibilities for your team and the region through direct selling and partners.
- Drive a best-in-class sales methodology framework which includes rigorous qualification and navigation of complex Federal deals.
- Manage effective working relationships with Strategic Alliances, Federal Resellers, FSIs, Sales Engineers, Consulting Professionals, Sales Development, Marketing & your own network to identify the best prospects, then develop & qualify the sales pipeline.
- Champion value and consensus selling across our GTM organization and enable AEs to create their own territory account strategy
- Engage with other functions across the company, as well as Fortanix’s partner ecosystem, in support of sales pursuits and revenue growth
- Maintain a strong working knowledge of our core personas, competitors, product offering, and named account
- 10+ years of successful, growth-oriented sales experience with at least five years of leadership experience;
- Proven track record of selling solutions (ideally security platform solutions) to the federal government (ideally the DOD/IC) and increasing revenue through net-new customer acquisition, whether selling direct or through strategic partner channels (FSIs, Partners, etc)
- Consistent track record of surpassing individual and team revenue targets
- Demonstrated ability to sell to CXO, technical buyers, and Line of Business, successfully emphasizing business value versus product
- Excellent presentation, negotiation, and executive engagement skills
- Coaching direct reports on strategies to drive sales wins
- Accurate reporting on sales activity and forecasting; consistent monitoring of the sales activity of the team, and tracking of results
- Bachelor's degree; MBA preferred or relevant experience
What we value
- We value a growth mindset. High-performing creative individuals who dig into problems and see the opportunities for success
- We believe in individuals who seek truth and speak the truth and can be their whole selves at work.
- We value all of you that believe improving is always possible. At Fortanix everything is a work in progress – we can do better at everything.
- We emphasize an environment of teaching and learning to equip employees with the tools needed to be successful in their function and the company.
What we offer:
- A chance at shaping the future of data security within the U.S. Federal sector
- Competitive compensation plan with significant upside potential
- Medical, dental & vision insurance; 401k
- Unlimited PTO (it’s between you and your work)
- Internet stipend
- Friendly & collaborative culture within a fast growing company that brings the best out of everybody
- Great working environment, we believe this in its truest form, "Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed technologists can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has" - Margaret Mead
Fortanix is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity & is committed to creating an inclusive workplace with equal opportunity for all applicants & teammates. Our goal is to recruit the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other status. If you’re interested in working in a fast growing, exciting working environment – we encourage you to apply!
Something looks off?