Senior DevOps Engineer
At Fortanix, we are redefining cloud security. We are seeking Engineers to build, maintain, and improve our production infrastructure and development tools. The DevOps Team has wide-ranging impact at Fortanix: we ensure that all Fortanix Engineers can reliably, efficiently, and safely deliver our product to customers; we measure, monitor, and automate whenever and whatever we can; we continually look for ways to improve ourselves and our tools.
Provide technology leadership to the Devops Team.
Work with customers and product management to design/architect new product/solutions.
Able to research, architect and drive complex technical solutions, consisting of multiple technologies
Provide best-in-class experience to customers via automation and continuous monitoring.
Help the organization grow technical capabilities.
Contribute to a friendly and helpful company culture
Create, manage and integrate software to automate and secure public cloud environments
Contribute to defining security best-practices, and ensuring our infrastructure adheres to them
Strive to achieve a Continuous Integration/Continuous Deliver model for all of Fortanix project
You are someone who:
- Ability to work with people across various locations.
- Lead the team in the right technical direction and work on roadmap.
- Exhibits uncompromising integrity
- Pays attention to detail
- Thinks critically about complex technical problems
- Can work independently, while also being an effective member of a team
- Enjoys programming and embraces cloud technologies
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent.
- 8+ years of software engineering experience
- Proficient with various programming languages such as Java/Python/Go for automation and integrations.
- Must have solid experience with Linux
- Experience operating and developing infrastructure and services in public cloud environments (AWS, GCP, or Azure)
- Strong networking experience with technologies in TCP/IP, WAN, Gateways, Switching/Routing and Cloud Networking.
- You currently reside in the EU and have a valid EU work permit
- Experience with one or more of:·
- Virtualization or container environments like VMware, KVM and Docker
- Orchestration frameworks like Kubernetes
- Configuration and provisioning management tools like Chef, Ansible, and Puppet
- Monitoring tools such as Sensu, Prometheus, Nagios or similar
- Continuous integration systems like Jenkins and Travis
- Application and service monitoring tools and techniques
Technology we use:·
Jenkins, Travis, Chef, Ansible, Terraform, Linux, Docker, Kubernetes, AWS, Azure, GCP, IBM Cloud, Sensu, Python, Networking, VMware
You will work with a diverse team of peers that stand by our tenets. Your contributions and insights will be valued. You will have the freedom to arrange your working hours to your and your team’s needs. We believe it’s between you and your work. We understand that our work can be done mostly remote and allow you to do so for most of your time. As such we only ask you to join our office on the High Tech Campus in Eindhoven only twice a week.
We will also offer you a competitive salary with 25 holidays, a floating holiday of choice, and travel expense remuneration. Expats can expect limited relocation support. You’ll also have the opportunity for continuous learning and development of your skills.