Security Certification Engineer
Fortanix is a dynamic and fast-growing start-up solving some of the world’s most demanding data protection challenges for companies and governments around the world. Our disruptive technology maintains data privacy across its entire lifecycle -- at rest, in motion, and in use across any enterprise IT infrastructure -- public cloud, on-premise, hybrid cloud, and SaaS.
With key strategic partners like Microsoft, Intel, ServiceNow, and Snowflake, Fortanix customers like PayPal, Google & Adidas are reaping the benefits. Recognized by Gartner as a “Cool Vendor”, Fortanix is revolutionizing cyber security.
Join the revolution!
Why work with us?
We're seeking passionate people to work with us to change the very idea of how people use cloud computing. We take pride in making Fortanix a great place to work. Coworkers recognize that great ideas can come from anyone, and everyone is encouraged to jump in, contribute, and ask questions.
In tackling the hardest problems, we believe that working together will produce better solutions.
The Security Certification Engineer will be a part of team of engineers to assess the compliance of cryptographic modules against the Federal Information Processing Standard Information Technology (FIPS) 140-2/3 and ISO 19790/24579 Security Evaluation standard. The Security Certification Engineer has mastery of the FIPS 140-2/3 certification process and is proficient with ACVP and ESV. The Security Certification Engineer acts as the Point of Contact for customers and the government in support of FIPS 140-2/3 certifications. The Security Certification Engineer regularly provides both individual and overall lab training and guidance. Experience working with and an understanding of secure communications protocols (TLS, SSH, IPsec, MACsec, etc.) is of utmost importance. The Security Certification Engineer executes projects and provides operational oversight to other engineers in support of FIPS 140-2/3 certifications.
- Conduct FIPS 140-2 and FIPS 140-3 evaluations
- Assist in the development and review of all test reports and required certification documentation
- Lead CAVP algorithm testing using ACVP/ACVTS
- Support SP800-90B entropy evaluations
- Review/comment submission-related output from other Engineers
- Participate in external technical communities
- Lead internal training and mentorship activities
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer/Information Science, Information Assurance/Cybersecurity, or equivalent degree (Masters Degree preferred)
- 4+ years of technical experience in FIPS 140-2/3 or a related area
- Proficiency with ACVP and ESV
- Knowledge of cryptographic encryption algorithms, key exchange algorithms, hashing/message authentication algorithms, PKI, random number generators, etc.
- Experience with various programming languages (C, C++, Python or Java) and development environments.
- Excellent communication (written/verbal) skills and analytical skills
- High proficiency with customer interactions
- High proficiency in testing security products
- High proficiency in understanding and solving technical problems
- High proficiency in applying standards to different types of technology
- Ability to understand and speak on technical and programmatic levels
- Unlimited PTO (it’s between you and your work)
- Health Insurance, Dental and Vision.
- Friendly culture that brings the best out of everybody
- Great working environment, we believe this in its truest form, "Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed technologists can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has" - Margaret Mead
Fortanix is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive workplace with equal opportunity for all applicants and teammates. Our goal is to recruit the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other status. If you’re interested in working in a fast-growing, exciting working environment – we encourage you to apply!
Something looks off?