Systems Engineer L3
Fortanix is a dynamic start-up solving some of the world’s most demanding data protection challenges for companies and governments around the world. Our disruptive technology maintains data privacy across its entire lifecycle -- at rest, in motion, and in use across any enterprise IT infrastructure -- public cloud, on-premise, hybrid cloud, and SaaS.
With key strategic partners like Microsoft, Intel, ServiceNow, and Snowflake, Fortanix customers like PayPal, Google & Adidas are reaping the benefits. Recognized by Gartner as a “Cool Vendor”, Fortanix is revolutionizing cyber security.
Join the revolution!
We're seeking passionate people to work with us to change the very idea of how people use cloud computing. We take pride in making Fortanix a great place to work. Coworkers recognize that great ideas can come from anyone, and everyone is encouraged to jump in, contribute, and ask questions. In tackling the hardest problems, we believe that working together will produce better solutions.
The Systems Engineer is responsible for day-to-day administration of key corporate systems with a primary focus on AZURE, O365, GCP Atlassian Cloud (Jira, Confluence, etc.) and its integrations. In this capacity, they will address incoming service requests & escalations as well as assist with design & implementation of improvements and expanded usage. They will, in collaboration with leadership, also provide input to long term strategy and planning.
- Ownership of the Integration team’s AWS infrastructure including provisioning, configuration, and maintenance.
- Develop and maintain tooling infrastructure and advance the capability of the services. Respond to operational and security vulnerability issues and incidents as they arise.
- Support daily operations and service requests for enterprise applications (Atlassian, Google Workspace, Slack)
- Document Design and Runbooks. Provide guidance and share knowledge with other members in the team.
- Design and build solutions as defined by service area roadmaps and IT leadership
- Evaluate, recommend, and implement new platforms, tools, and integrations
- Partner with stakeholders in Engineering, Infosec, and other groups
- Maintain and build service documentation, roadmaps, and operating procedures
- Assist & mentor junior team members in areas of expertise
- Support established service SLAs including participating in on-call & ”follow the sun” support strategies
What We’re Looking :
- Exp Level - 5 ~ 9 Years
- Skill Sets Required
The Systems Engineer L3 position performs an array of system support tasks and projects that are centered around the enterprise wide user facing tooling stack of best of breed tools, such as Atlassian, GitHub,Prisma access, Slack, Amazon Web Services, and others.
- 3+ Years of Linux Experience with endpoint (automox/chef/etc), server (ubuntu/redhat/centos)
- 2 years Working knowledge and experience with Networking Experience: Onprem and Cloud.
- 2+ years professional experience of working within the public cloud Azure, AWS or GCP.
- 2+ years hands-on experience of Unix/Linux, Cloud technology. including support and troubleshooting.
- Responsible for overall Infrastructure of internet access points and Security
- Accountable for all the Infrastructure which is part of VPN.
- Excellent communications skills and ability to interact with clients
- Experience with AWS Network Infra build and management.
- Familiarity with compliance frameworks like SOC2, ISO270001, SOX
- Experience working in a lightweight Agile environment
- Ability to navigate ambiguity with a drive to take tasks from start to finish with limited guidance
- Comfortableness with managing multiple streams of work simultaneously
- Knowledge of SQL, Oracle, Access, VBA for Excel Macros, Python/Pearl/Shell or other scripting languages to collect and manipulate data
- Desirable – AWS / Azure Certifications
· Knowledge on cloud monitoring tools such as AWS CloudWatch, Datadog etc.
· Experience in Change Management Process
· Excel reporting
- Mediclaim Insurance – Employees and their eligible dependents including dental coverage
- Personal Accident Insurance
- Internet Reimbursement
Something looks off?