Cryptography Engineer Intern
Fortanix is a dynamic start-up solving some of the world’s most demanding data protection challenges for companies and governments around the world. Our disruptive technology maintains data privacy across its entire lifecycle -- at rest, in motion, and in use across any enterprise IT infrastructure -- public cloud, on-premise, hybrid cloud, and SaaS.
With key strategic partners like Microsoft, Intel, ServiceNow, and Snowflake, Fortanix customers like PayPal, Google & Adidas are reaping the benefits. Recognized by Gartner as a “Cool Vendor”, Fortanix is revolutionizing cyber security.
Join the revolution!
We're seeking passionate people to work with us to change the very idea of how people use cloud computing. We take pride in making Fortanix a great place to work. Coworkers recognize that great ideas can come from anyone, and everyone is encouraged to jump in, contribute, and ask questions. In tackling the hardest problems, we believe that working together will produce better solutions.
- Contribute to a friendly and helpful company culture
- Implement and maintain production-ready cryptography code in Rust and C/C++, including new algorithms and secure cryptography APIs
- Analyze state-of-the-art attacks and implement side-channel mitigations
- Participate in peer code review, educate
- Write, research
- Help deploy, monitor, and tune the performance of our software
- Analyze existing designs
- Uncompromising integrity
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Critical thinking about complex technical problems
- Proactive and independent, while also being a team player
- Programming experience in Rust, C/C++
- Postgraduate student in Cryptography or a related field, or equivalent training or work experience
- You currently reside in the EU and have a valid EU work permit
You will work with a diverse team of peers that stand by our tenets. Your contributions and insights will be valued. You will have the freedom to arrange your working hours to your and your team’s needs. We believe it’s between you and your work. We understand that our work can be done mostly remotely and allow you to do so for most of your time. As such we only ask you to join our office on the High Tech Campus in Eindhoven only twice a week.
We will also offer you a competitive salary with 25 holidays, a floating holiday of choice, and travel expense remuneration. Expats can expect limited relocation support. You’ll also have the opportunity for continuous learning and development of your skills.
Something looks off?