Senior DevOps Engineer - II
Fortanix is a fast-growing Series- C company funded by Intel Capital, Foundation Capital and Neotribe that has the potential to make a career. Recognized by Gartner as a Cool Vendor, Fortanix technology is at the intersection of protecting data in the public cloud, on IoT devices and securing applications by encrypting data while it is in use. We believe in hiring the best and brightest to fuel our growth as we expand globally. We understand that hiring the right people and treating them well is key to our success! We are a multi-national company with locations in the U.S., UK, India and the Netherlands.
With key strategic partners like Microsoft, Intel, ServiceNow, and Snowflake, Fortanix customers like PayPal, Google & Adidas are reaping the benefits. Recognized by Gartner as a “Cool Vendor”, Fortanix is revolutionizing cyber security.
Join the revolution!
- Provide technology leadership to the Devops Team.
- Work with customers and product management to design/architect operational requirements of new product/solutions.
- Automate and accelerate the testing, release and deployment of applications into a runtime environment quickly and reliably
- Provide Continuous Integration/ Continuous Delivery solutions for each of the Fortanix projects on-premise or in cloud.
- Contribute to defining security best-practices, and work on "Shift Left" security to guarantee application security at the earliest stages of development.
- Provide best-in-class experience to customers via deployment automation and continuous monitoring.
- Mentor junior engineers in the team in gaining experience and assuming DevOps responsibilities
- Contribute to a friendly and helpful company culture
You are someone who:
- Ability to work with people across various locations.
- Lead the team in the right technical direction and work on roadmap.
- Exhibits uncompromising integrity
- Pays attention to detail
- Thinks critically about complex technical problems
- Can work independently, while also being an effective member of a team
- Enjoys programming and embraces cloud technologies
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent.
- 5+ years of software engineering experience in development, operations, and full stack implementations.
- Solid experience with Linux
- Proficient with various programming languages such as Python/Go/Ruby for automation and integrations.
- Experience with the core suite of tools used to manage infrastructure and deployment of application in different cloud providers (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Experience with industry Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery patterns (CD/CI)
- Strong networking experience with technologies in TCP/IP, WAN, Gateways, Switching/Routing and Cloud Networking.
- Able to research, architect, and drive complex technical solutions, in multiple environments, cloud or onprem.
- Able to lead and impart knowledge effectively to junior resources
- Experience with one or more of:·
- Virtualization or container environments like VMWare, KVM and Docker
- Orchestration frameworks like Kubernetes
- Configuration and provisioning management tools like Chef, Ansible, and Puppet
- Monitoring tools such as Sensu, Prometheus, Nagios or similar
- Continuous integration systems like Jenkins or similar
- Logging and analytics tools like Elasticsearch
The technology we use:
- Chef, Ansible, Terraform
- Linux, Docker, Kubernetes, AWS, Azure, GCP, IBM Cloud
- Python, Bash, Rust, Ruby
- Mediclaim Insurance – Employees and their eligible dependents including dental coverage
- Personal Accident Insurance
- Internet Reimbursement