Design System UI Designer
Fortanix is a dynamic start-up solving some of the world’s most demanding data protection challenges for companies and governments around the world. Our disruptive technology maintains data privacy across its entire lifecycle -- at rest, in motion, and in use across any enterprise IT infrastructure -- public cloud, on-premise, hybrid cloud, and SaaS.
With key strategic partners like Microsoft, Intel, ServiceNow, and Snowflake, Fortanix customers like PayPal, Google & Adidas are reaping the benefits. Recognized by Gartner as a “Cool Vendor”, Fortanix is revolutionizing cyber security.
Join the revolution!
Why work with us?
We're seeking passionate people to work with us to change the very idea of how people use cloud computing. We take pride in making Fortanix a great place to work. Coworkers recognize that great ideas can come from anyone, and everyone is encouraged to jump in, contribute, and ask questions.
In tackling the hardest problems, we believe that working together will produce better solutions.
We are seeking an experienced Design System Designer to join our design team, reporting to the Design Director. As a Design System Designer, you will be responsible for creating and maintaining the Fortanix Design System, ensuring a consistent and cohesive visual language across all our digital products. You will collaborate closely with product designers, developers, and other stakeholders to define and implement Design System components, guidelines, and design documentation.
- Take ownership of the design system, including its foundation, visual elements, interaction patterns, and components. Ensure that the design system is up-to-date, well-organized, and accessible to the design and development teams.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to understand design requirements and translate them into scalable and reusable design system components.
- Create and document design guidelines, standards, best practices to ensure consistency and efficiency in design processes.
- Proactively conduct regular audits and reviews of the design system to identify areas for improvement and propose and implement enhancements accordingly.
- Collaborate with product designers to provide guidance and support in utilizing the design system effectively.
- Proven Experience as a sole or leading Design System Designer
- Deep understanding of design principles, typography, color theory, and visual hierarchy
- Strong portfolio demonstrating your expertise in design system creation and management
- Proficiency in Figma and other industry-leading design tools
- Hands-on experience in using and creating design tokens
- 5+ years of experience as a product designer or design system designer, working on web applications
- Free catered lunch every day
- Unlimited PTO (it’s between you and your work)
- Health Insurance, Dental and Vision.
- Friendly culture that brings the best out of everybody
- $50 monthly internet voucher
- Great working environment, we believe this in its truest form, "Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed technologists can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has" - Margaret Mead
Fortanix is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive workplace with equal opportunity for all applicants and teammates. Our goal is to recruit the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other status. If you’re interested in working in a fast-growing, exciting working environment – we encourage you to apply!