Senior Network Engineer
Fortanix is a dynamic start-up solving some of the world’s most demanding data protection challenges for companies and governments around the world. Our disruptive technology maintains data privacy across its entire lifecycle -- at rest, in motion, and in use across any enterprise IT infrastructure -- public cloud, on-premise, hybrid cloud, and SaaS.
With key strategic partners like Intel and Equinix, Fortanix customers like PayPal, Google & Adidas are reaping the benefits. Recognized by Gartner as a “Cool Vendor”, Fortanix is revolutionizing cyber security.
Join the revolution!
Why work with us?
We're seeking passionate people to work with us to change the very idea of how people use cloud computing. We take pride in making Fortanix a great place to work. Coworkers recognize that great ideas can come from anyone, and everyone is encouraged to jump in, contribute, and ask questions.
In tackling the hardest problems, we believe that working together will produce better solutions!
- Contribute to data center architecture planning, design of new networking layouts (20%)
- Contribute to the reliability, performance, supportability and security of our production and development infrastructure (20%)
- Be responsible for configuration management and monitoring of network infrastructure (20%)
- Work closely with our development, CloudOps and customer success teams to implement private/public cloud environments (10%)
- Recommends continuous improvement, process improvement and automation to drive efficiencies(10%)
- Participate in on-call rotation (10%)
- Maintains documentation, technical schematics and equipment configuration for proper record of network design and recovery purposes(5%)
- Contribute to a friendly and helpful company culture (5%)
- Bachelor’s degree in computer/engineering-related field or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 5 years of experience in network engineering
- Experience in cloud network infrastructure design, configuration, and operation.
- Networking experience in router and switch configuration including but not limited to BGP, vlanning, TCP/UDP, load balancing, firewalling, IPSEC, NAT, etc.
- Experience with Juniper networking equipment, specifically JunOS, is a plus but not required
- Strong understanding and experience with Linux
- Experience with scripting such as bash, ansible ,python, or perl
- Excellent technical writing and communications skills
- Mediclaim Insurance – Employees and their eligible dependents including dental coverage
- Personal Accident Insurance
- Internet Reimbursement