Sales Engineer (remote, EST)
Fortanix is a dynamic start-up solving some of the world’s most demanding data protection challenges for companies and governments around the world. Our disruptive technology maintains data privacy across its entire lifecycle -- at rest, in motion, and in use across any enterprise IT infrastructure -- public cloud, on-premise, hybrid cloud, and SaaS.
With key strategic partners like Intel and Equinix, Fortanix customers like PayPal, Google & Adidas are reaping the benefits. Recognized by Gartner as a “Cool Vendor”, Fortanix is revolutionizing cyber security.
Join the revolution!
Why work with us?
We're seeking passionate people to work with us to change the very idea of how people use cloud computing. We take pride in making Fortanix a great place to work. Coworkers recognize that great ideas can come from anyone, and everyone is encouraged to jump in, contribute, and ask questions.
In tackling the hardest problems, we believe that working together will produce better solutions.
We are looking for an experienced Sales Engineer responsible for selling into new prospects as well as farming back into existing customers for high renewals and to keep customer satisfactions levels at all time high. Successful candidates will have at least 7 years of experience as an enterprise sales engineer with infrastructure, cloud, or security vendors, and would be accountable for revenue goals driven by innovative technical programs and day-to-day customer facing account-level activities. Ideal candidates also are driven by success, are highly energetic with strong hands-on skills and embodies the “can-do” attitude. This critical role will have close interactions primarily with Sales, and will extend to Product Management, Customer Success, Engineering, as well as external stakeholders such as customers and partners.
As a Sales Engineer you will own, drive, and be rewarded for your business. Responsibilities include:
- Consultative Selling. As a member of the sales team engage prospects in a consultative sales process around Fortanix as part of their core security infrastructure and operations.
- Discovery. Work closely with prospects early in the sales process to gain deep understanding of their technical requirements and propose how best to address them.
- Technical Evaluations. Work with deep technical resources, sales team and prospects to manage successful customer evaluations and proof of concept deployments.
- Demos and Training. Prepare and document customer demonstrations as well as formal and informal customer training.
- Product Knowledge. Work closely with Engineering and Product teams to maintain a deep understanding of Fortanix products and core technology.
- Market Feedback. Continuously gather product and market feedback to guide new products.
- Customer Success. Ensure customers are getting the most from their investment in Fortanix, creating strong references, renewals and opportunities for upsell.
- Must have 5+ years of experience as an SE for enterprise IT security and infrastructure.
- Must have experience in complex enterprise sales processes, including $1M+ deals.
- Knowledge of programming or scripting languages (e.g., Python, Bash, etc.)
- Understanding of HSM and various crypto interfaces (PKCS#11, CAPI, CNG, JCE, etc.). Experience with HSM from another company is a plus.
- Understanding of KMS interfaces (KMIP, REST API, etc.). Experience with a KMIP appliance is a plus.
- Familiarity with HSM and KMS in the cloud (AWS CloudHSM, AWS KMS, Google KMS, Azure KeyVault, IBM KeyProtect, etc.)
- Understanding of use cases of HSM and KMS (Database TDE, TLS termination, Blockchain, secure manufacturing, etc.)
- Comfortable working in a roll-up your sleeves, get your hands dirty start-up environment.
- Experience selling to Global 1000 / Financial Services companies.
- Strong consultative selling and technical collaboration skills.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Strong collaboration skills to engage both external partners and internal team.
- BA/BS in a technical field; CISSP, Security+, other security-focused certifications.
- Unlimited PTO (it’s between you and your work)
- Health Insurance, Dental and Vision.
- Monthly Internet Stipend
- Friendly culture that brings the best out of everybody
- Great working environment, we believe this in its truest form, "Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed technologists can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has" - Margaret Mead
Fortanix is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive workplace with equal opportunity for all applicants and teammates. Our goal is to recruit the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other status. If you’re interested in working in a fast-growing, exciting working environment – we encourage you to apply!