Senior Frontend Engineer
Fortanix is a dynamic start-up solving some of the world’s most demanding data protection challenges for companies and governments around the world. Our disruptive technology maintains data privacy across its entire lifecycle -- at rest, in motion, and in use across any enterprise IT infrastructure -- public cloud, on-premise, hybrid cloud, and SaaS.
With key strategic partners like Microsoft, Intel, ServiceNow, and Snowflake, Fortanix customers like PayPal, Google & Adidas are reaping the benefits. Recognized by Gartner as a “Cool Vendor”, Fortanix is revolutionizing cyber security.
Join the revolution!
What your day may look like:
You start your day by catching up on what happened outside your working hours. As you’ll be collaborating with colleagues in California and India the business never really stops. All the information you need you’ll find on Slack or our wikis; there’s no email! If there’s nothing urgent from our support or customer success team you’ll get to work on your regular sprint commitments.
Together with your local colleagues you design, implement and test new UX/UI features. During the day you’ll pick up a pull request for review just as you hand off your work to someone else. While you’re having some idle time you might peruse our extensive wiki’s and communication channels to read all about what’s happening in the company. Everything is shared so you’ll know what’s happening from sales to operations to development. If you have questions or ideas you’re free to contribute. And at the end of the day you make sure that you do a hand-off to the next time zone colleagues that are just starting their day.
- Collaborate with our design team to create rich user experiences for our products
- Define and implement our Design Language System
- Work on visualizing complex datasets
- Contribute to feature development of our products
- Deploy, monitor, analyze and improve performance of our front-end
- Work in React
- 7+ years of front-end software engineering / UI development
- Experience with React or equivalent frameworks
- Good knowledge on UX design principles and how to apply these
- Strong experience with REST API integration
- Strong experience with TypeScript
- Nice to have: Experience with Redux for state management
- Nice to have: Web security experience (XSS, CSRF, CORS, etc.)
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field, or equivalent training or work experience
You are someone who:
- Enjoys working in a technical domain that still has to be established
- Exhibits uncompromising integrity
- Pays attention to detail
- Thinks critically about complex technical problems
- Can handle shifting contexts and priorities
- Can work independently, while also being an effective member of a co-located team
- Currently reside in the EU and have a valid EU work permit
You will work with a diverse team of peers that stand by our tenets. Your contributions and insights will be valued. You will have the freedom to arrange your working hours to your and your team’s needs. We believe it’s between you and your work. We understand that our work can be done mostly remote and allow you to do so for most of your time. As such we only ask you to join our office on the High Tech Campus in Eindhoven only three days a week.
We will also offer you a competitive salary with 25 holidays, a floating holiday of choice, and travel expense remuneration. Expats can expect limited relocation support. You’ll also have the opportunity for continuous learning and development of your skills.