Senior Software Engineer (Rust) (US - Bay Area)
Fortanix is a dynamic start-up solving some of the world’s most demanding data protection challenges for companies and governments around the world. Our disruptive technology maintains data privacy across its entire lifecycle -- at rest, in motion, and in use across any enterprise IT infrastructure -- public cloud, on-premise, hybrid cloud, and SaaS.
With key strategic partners like Microsoft, Intel, ServiceNow, and Snowflake, Fortanix customers like PayPal, Google & Adidas are reaping the benefits. Recognized by Gartner as a “Cool Vendor”, Fortanix is revolutionizing cyber security.
Join the revolution!
Why work with us?
We're seeking passionate people to work with us to change the very idea of how people use cloud computing. We take pride in making Fortanix a great place to work. Coworkers recognize that great ideas can come from anyone, and everyone is encouraged to jump in, contribute, and ask questions.
In tackling the hardest problems, we believe that working together will produce better solutions!
For the Sr. Software Engineer (Rust/C++) role, we are looking for someone who:
- Exhibits uncompromising integrity
- Pays attention to detail
- Thinks critically about complex technical problems
- Can work independently, while also being an effective member of a team
- At least 3+ years of professional experience as a Backend Senior Software Engineer
- Hands on experience in Rust, C/C++ or Golang
- Hands on experience working with NoSQL databases such as Cassanndra, Mongodb etc
- Hands on experience working in Linux environment.
- Having Security (Crypto, Key Management) experience is a plus.
- Familiarity with containers and orchestration (kubernetes).
- Coursework and/or professional experience in computer architecture and operating systems.
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field, or equivalent training or work experience
What we offer:
- We offer a collaborative work environment, amazing equity, great benefits, competitive salary, and the opportunity to redefine cloud computing.
- Unlimited PTO (it’s between you and your work!)
- Friendly culture that brings the best out of everybody
- 401k (no matching)
- Fortanix is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive workplace with equal opportunity for all applicants and teammates. Our goal is to recruit the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other status. If you’re interested in working in a fast-growing, exciting working environment – we encourage you to apply!