Software Engineer, Infrastructure
Ikigai Labs is seeking a dynamic and passionate engineer with strong software fundamentals to join a high-performing data platform development team. We are looking for a team player who is a quick learner, performs in a rapid development cycle, has a drive to surpass expectations, and an eagerness to share their work and knowledge.
We encourage applicants from all backgrounds and communities. We are committed to having a team that is made up of diverse skills, experiences, and abilities.
- Design and develop scalable data integration (ETL/ELT) processes
- Improve and optimize an on-demand predictive modeling platform with Python
- Utilize Kubernetes to orchestrate scalable deployments and manage Docker containers
- Learn and leverage numerous AWS services to solve cloud-native problems Improve the testing platform which performs sanity check, unit tests, scale tests, heartbeat test, and performance tests
- Work to keep the platform secure and follow industry standard compliance practices
- Provide periodic support to our customer success team
- Languages: Python3, SQL, GoLang, bash
- Databases: Postgres, Elasticsearch, DynamoDB, RDS
- Cloud: Kubernetes, Helm, EKS, Terraform, AWS
- Data Engineering: Apache Arrow, Dremio, Ray
- Misc.: Apache Superset, GRPC, Jupyterhub, Airbyte
- 2-4 years of experience with a bachelor's/master’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- Must have advanced experience with Python, AWS services, and/or ETL/ELT pipeline experiences
- Experience with Kubernetes and/or EKS/AKS (optional)
- Understanding fundamentals of design patterns and testing best practices
- The ability to learn quickly in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent organizational, time management, and communication skills
- Willingness to discuss obstacles, find creative solutions, and take initiative
- The ability to receive and give both constructive and encouraging feedback
- Knowledge of streaming data processing and real-time analytics.
- Familiarity with data governance, security, and compliance best practices