Customer Operations Associate
Customer Service, Operations
Reno, NV, USA
Posted on Tuesday, April 18, 2023
***Candidates must be located in Reno, Nevada to be considered for this hybrid in-office role.***
As a Customer Operations Associate at Kikoff, you will play a crucial role in ensuring our customers receive the highest level of support and care by addressing their inquiries, resolving issues, and actively contributing to the continuous improvement of our products and services. You will collaborate closely with various teams across the company and serve as the voice of the customer, helping to identify and address pain points to enhance the overall customer journey. You thrive in a hands-on environment and are able to roll up your sleeves to establish a clear understanding of a scenario and decipher a user's intent. Your deep appreciation for understanding consumers and the financial world will help you strike the right balance between addressing user needs and helping Kikoff to maintain its regulatory responsibilities.
What you'll do:
- Respond to and resolve customer inquiries and fraud claims by gathering relevant information, analyzing data, and collaborating with other teams to implement appropriate measures
- Investigate and respond to eOscar disputes in accordance with company policies and industry regulations
- Learn and apply the fundamental KYC, fraud, and transaction rules & monitoring
- Process bankruptcy notifications and subpoenas, adhering to relevant legal requirements and internal procedures
- Provide feedback to product and engineering teams on areas for improvement and potential enhancements based on customer interactions and insights
- Surface and address customer pain points by analyzing trends in customer feedback and collaborating with cross-functional teams to implement solutions
- Continuously update and expand knowledge of industry best practices, regulatory changes, and internal policies to ensure effective and compliant customer support
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of internal documentation, guidelines, and training materials
- Additional responsibilities based on your drive and ability - own your career development
Who you are:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- 1-2 years of experience in customer support, preferably in the fintech or financial services industry
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with a genuine desire to help customers succeed
- Ability to effectively prioritize tasks and manage time in a fast-paced environment
- Detail-oriented with strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience with CRM systems, support ticketing systems, and other relevant tools
- Knowledge of consumer credit reporting and related regulations is a plus
- A team player with a proactive attitude and a willingness to contribute to the overall success of Kikoff
Kikoff is a personal finance platform designed to help millions of underserved Americans achieve financial wellness. Our mission is to provide refreshingly fair, effective, and simple pathways for everyday people to meet their financial goals. We design financial products that simplify credit building so our users can reach their financial goals. Kikoff is a Series B company and has raised over $42 million in total funding. Investors include Portage Ventures, Lightspeed Venture Partners, GGV, Coatue, Core Innovation Capital, and basketball star Stephen Curry. Kikoff was founded in 2019 and is headquartered in San Francisco with an office in Reno.
This is a consumer fintech startup, and you will be working with serial entrepreneurs who have built strong consumer brands and innovative products. We are backed by some of Silicon Valley’s top VCs. We value extreme ownership, clear communication, a strong sense of craftsmanship, and the desire to create lasting work and work relationships. Yes, you can build an exciting business AND have real-life real-customer impact.
💰 Competitive pay based on experience
🏥 Medical, dental, and vision coverage - Kikoff covers the full cost of health insurance for the employee!
🏝 Generous vacation policy to help you recharge
Regular team building events to help you get to know the Kikoff team and soo much more! Our last virtual cooking event had everyone's mouth on fire, but cooled down by home-mixed cocktails.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Kikoff Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to complying with all federal, state, and local laws providing equal employment opportunities and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
Please reference the following information for more information: