Software Engineer - Mobile
Remote · United States
Posted on Tuesday, April 18, 2023
Mobile is not web, and web is not frontend… or is it? We’re looking for experienced mobile engineers who are looking to use the latest in unifying mobile clients. Our mobile app development is on Flutter for that unified frontend experience. We chose Flutter because we didn’t want to compromise on our ability to provide a true native experience on our mobile apps. This role requires experience in Android / iOS due to nuances in shipping.
As a mobile engineer at a growing fintech startup you are going to move the needle, but it will require a split personality: Your Dr. Jekyll leans towards correctness, tight release schedules, and writing reusable code that can scale as the app scales; your Hyde-side is one that focuses on moving quickly and shipping fast to get our product into our customers’ hands.
Our mission is to create fair, effective, and simple financial pathways to help 100M Americans reach their financial goals. Investors include Lightspeed, Coatue and GGV. Founders are serial entrepreneurs who co-founded and served as C-suite executives at 3 FinTech unicorns.
- B.A. / B.S. / M.S. or strong self-taught fundamentals in computer science
- Expertise in Android and/or iOS with experience shipping production-ready apps
- 4+ years of industry experience, with demonstrated breadth and depth of product impact
- Ability to analyze data and distill information for business purposes
- Effectiveness as demonstrated by problem-solving skills in areas outside your expertise
- Desire to form strong professional bonds with startup-forward coworkers
What we’re like:
- Scrappy. We had a product goal and put out the MVP, collecting our first users with steady growth via paid channels in four months. We don’t cut corners when we know we’ll need them but we don’t build things without that need. We don’t like inefficiency but we dislike operationalizing one-off tasks even more.
- Risk-oriented. Everything has risk, but a mature team knows how to make these tradeoffs. That’s why we built the MVP fast––because time is your most valuable asset and is practically fungible with money in the startup world.
- Data-obsessed. We all look at data and pull it, and we believe that understanding the mechanics can yield valuable insights. Complex systems require elegant, not just simple solutions. You absolutely need to be interested in data if you want to leverage your knowledge of systems.
- Lucky. That’s how we look at this journey so far. From our timing of fundraising, to the circumstances in which we came together, to the initial product traction we’re getting, there’s no other word to describe it. We are grateful you are reading this, and we know that if you’re meant to be with us on this journey, then we will see you soon.
Kikoff is a personal finance platform designed to help millions of underserved Americans achieve financial wellness. Our mission is to provide refreshingly fair, effective, and simple pathways for everyday people to meet their financial goals. We design financial products that simplify credit building so our users can reach their financial goals. Kikoff is a Series B company and has raised over $42 million in total funding. Investors include Portage Ventures, Lightspeed Venture Partners, GGV, Coatue, Core Innovation Capital, and basketball star Stephen Curry. Kikoff was founded in 2019 and is headquartered in San Francisco with an office in Reno.
This is a consumer fintech startup, and you will be working with serial entrepreneurs who have built strong consumer brands and innovative products. We are backed by some of Silicon Valley’s top VCs. We value extreme ownership, clear communication, a strong sense of craftsmanship, and the desire to create lasting work and work relationships. Yes, you can build an exciting business AND have real-life real-customer impact.
💰 Competitive pay based on experience
🏥 Medical, dental, and vision coverage - Kikoff covers the full cost of health insurance for the employee!
📈 Stock Options
🏝 Generous unlimited vacation policy to help you recharge
Visa sponsorship available: Kikoff is willing to provide sponsorship for H1-B visas and U.S. green cards for exceptional talent.
Regular team building events to help you get to know the Kikoff team and soo much more! Our last virtual cooking event had everyone's mouth on fire, but cooled down by home-mixed cocktails.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Kikoff Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to complying with all federal, state, and local laws providing equal employment opportunities and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
Please reference the following information for more information:
See more open positions at Kikoff
Something looks off?