Business Operations (BizOps)
Sales & Business Development, Operations
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Saturday, June 24, 2023
Business Operations will drive strategic initiatives with the Chief of Staff, CTO, CEO or parts of the leadership team within the company. You'll serve as an internal consultant providing direction and feedback on a multitude of challenges that startups face while scaling and then jump feet-first into tackling those challenges as a program manager leveraging past experiences in project management to identify gaps, solutions, and chart a path forward. Sample projects might include creating a staffing model for the customer support, dissecting and mitigating fraud, improving P&L by finding new vendors to save costs, standing up new areas or teams to solve regulatory challenges or improve self-serve help centers and more.
This role is a full-time, exempt role; remote or hybrid if located in San Francisco.
What you'll do
- Project management and execution - Bring clarity to a constantly evolving, ambiguous environment by developing and implementing project plans that identify gaps and solutions helping cross-functional teams coordinate and communicate
- Operational excellence - Add firepower to initiatives of strategic importance across the entire organization including Talent/People Ops, Operations, Product
- Fast and flexible adaptability - Establish a beachhead quickly and create a playbook that will be filled in as we expand our talented team from sub-fifty to hundreds
- Product/feature launches - Collaborate closely with teams across the organization including Operations, Product, Design, and Engineering to identify and clear blockers to ensure an on-time product or feature launch
Who you are:
- Telescopic mindset - you’re able to zoom out to see the big picture and strategize with stakeholders and zoom in to roll up your sleeves and meticulously execute in a constantly changing environment
- Takes the initiative and is resourceful to dive deep into unfamiliar subject matter to gain a working knowledge to take a task and run with it.
- Organized and an excellent communicator. Able to direct communications and direct traffic between the stakeholder swimlanes of responsible, accountable, consulted, and informed.
- Prior experience in either strategic finance, strategy and ops or business operations at a high growth startup or tech organization or equivalent experience in private equity, investment banking, or management consulting.
This is a consumer fintech startup, and you will be working with serial entrepreneurs who have built strong consumer brands and innovative products. We are backed by some of Silicon Valley’s top VCs, including GGV capital, Lightspeed Ventures, Female Founders Fund, and others. We value extreme ownership, clear communication, a strong sense of craftsmanship, and the desire to create lasting work and work relationships. Yes, you can build an exciting business AND have real-life real-customer impact.
🏥 Medical, dental, and vision coverage - Kikoff covers the full cost of health insurance for the employee!
📈 Stock Options
🏝 Generous unlimited vacation policy to help you recharge
💰US salary range for this full-time position consists of base + equity + benefits
Our salary ranges are determined by role and experience:
145k - 165k base + equity
Regular team building events to help you get to know the Kikoff team and so much more! Our last virtual cooking event had everyone's mouth on fire, but cooled down by home-mixed cocktails.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Kikoff Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to complying with all federal, state, and local laws providing equal employment opportunities and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
Please reference the following information for more information:
If you need reasonable accommodation for a job opening please connect with us at email@example.com and describe the specific accommodation requested for a disability-related limitation. Reasonable accommodations are modifications or adjustments to the application or hiring process that would enable you to fully participate in that process.