People Operations Specialist/Generalist
People & HR, Operations
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Saturday, July 1, 2023
Kikoff, a rapidly growing consumer fintech startup, is looking for a People Operations Specialist/Generalist to help scale our team as we continue to help everyday Americans build their credit score. The team has grown sustainably to 65 and is poised for an exciting phase of further rapid growth and expansion.
As the People Operations Specialist/Generalist, you'll be the backbone of our HR and administrative processes, owning areas such as benefits administration, payroll management, and the performance cycle. Perhaps even more importantly, you'll have a critical role in our expansion journey and partner with hiring managers to craft a comprehensive onboarding experience to introduce new team members to our unique culture and ultimately both accelerate and increase their impact. Additionally, as we inch closer to the 100 employee milestone, you'll help ensure we remain compliant with evolving HR reporting requirements.
This isn’t just about just processes and systems; it's about creating an environment where our team can thrive and rise to the ever-growing challenges facing today's consumers. The ideal candidate for this position is not only versed in the technicalities of HR but is also analytical, able to make decisions and recommendations driven by data over emotion, and possesses a vision for cultivating a culture of growth, inclusivity, and innovation.
In this role, you'll not only be managing key HR functions but also be active in shaping the very fabric of our company culture. Your insights, strategies, and systems will be pivotal in how we grow, evolve, and sustain our momentum. Join us on this journey, and let's build a road to 750 for all Americans.
Note: You must be in the SF Bay Area comfortable being in our FiDi office on a daily basis.
- Onboarding & Offboarding: Design and implement onboarding processes for new hires, ensuring a seamless and positive introduction to our culture and operations. Onboarding is a critical juncture that shapes perspectives and sets expectations; this will be a primary responsibility of this position to ensure we're building a bigger and better ramp for new team members to "snowball" down and launch their Kikoff journey from. Manage the offboarding process to ensure a smooth transition for departing employees.
- Benefits & Compensation: Administer employee benefits programs, ensuring timely enrollments and addressing employee queries. Manage a compensation structure, benchmarking against industry standards and best practices.
- Payroll: Partner with a PEO to oversee payroll processes, ensuring accurate and timely processing, and compliance with tax and other regulatory requirements.
- Performance Management: Design and manage performance review cycles. Train managers on performance evaluation techniques and best practices. Analyze performance data to identify trends and areas for improvement.
- Compliance & Reporting: Prepare and manage all HR-related compliance reports. Keep abreast of the latest labor law changes and ensure the company remains compliant, especially as we surpass the 100 employee milestone.
- Organizational Structure: Partner with hiring managers to develop and maintain an effective job structure, including creating and updating job descriptions, job grading, and role hierarchies.
- Employee Relations: Address any HR-related concerns or disputes, fostering a positive work environment and promoting our company culture.
- Training & Development: Collaborate with department leaders to identify training needs and facilitate relevant training and development programs.
- HR Analytics: Collect, analyze, and present HR metrics to inform decision-making. Offer strategic insights based on HR analytics, advocating for data-backed solutions.
- Employee Engagement: Design and implement initiatives to gauge and improve employee morale, satisfaction, and retention.
- Diversity & Inclusion: Promote and integrate diversity and inclusion best practices into our company culture and recruitment processes.
- Office Manager: As someone who owns the employee experience, you'll wear a
- Competitive academic or extracurricular achievement, e.g. a degree from a selective school or strong college athletics
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in management consulting or People Operations at a tech company or startup. Proven experience in onboarding, payroll management, and benefits administration. Prior experience owning and implementing a more mature onboarding experience is a big plus.
- Proficiency with data analysis in spreadsheets (pivot tables, index match functions) and HRIS systems.
- Demonstrated ability to make objective, data-backed decisions, avoiding emotional biases.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with a demonstrated ability to turn data into actionable insights.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, ability to actively listen and interact with employees at all levels.
- Experience in planning or chairing social activities- Strong sense of optimism and understanding of human psychology and the impact drivers in a work setting
- High ethical standards and integrity, ensuring confidentiality and privacy in all HR matters.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly-changing environment.
This is a consumer fintech startup, and you will be working with serial entrepreneurs who have built strong consumer brands and innovative products. We are backed by some of Silicon Valley’s top VCs, including GGV capital, Lightspeed Ventures, Female Founders Fund, and others. We value extreme ownership, clear communication, a strong sense of craftsmanship, and the desire to create lasting work and work relationships. Yes, you can build an exciting business AND have real-life real-customer impact.
💰 US salary range for this full-time position consists of base + equity + benefits
Our salary ranges are determined by role and experience:
120k - 150k base + equity
🏥 Medical, dental, and vision coverage - Kikoff covers the full cost of health insurance for the employee!
📈 Stock Options
🏝 Generous unlimited vacation policy to help you recharge
Regular team building events to help you get to know the Kikoff team and soo much more! Our last virtual cooking event had everyone's mouth on fire, but cooled down by home-mixed cocktails.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Kikoff Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to complying with all federal, state, and local laws providing equal employment opportunities and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
Please reference the following information for more information: