AIT Technician - Security Clearance Eligible
Golden, CO, USA
Posted on Friday, December 23, 2022
Wanna join the adventure?
You will be the hands on support, working with our AIT Engineers towards successful drawing and manufacturing designs that equate to the build up and test of Loft's Spacecraft and various test equipment, GSE, and simulators. You are the point of contact for activities on the laboratory and manufacturing floor, ensuring the operations and proper support material are ready to execute. This includes hardware support and creation, hands-on lab activities, and support testing at the GSE level. Although very hands-on in assembly and test of the hardware, you are also the check and balance to the engineer, owning the activities and showing pride in ownership.
*Research shows that while men apply to jobs where they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalized people tend to only apply when they meet 100% of the qualifications. At Loft, we value respectful debate and people who aren’t afraid to challenge assumptions. We strongly encourage you to apply, even if you don’t ‘check all the boxes'.
About This Role:
- You are responsible for the day to day operations and function of the mission space.
- You will work closely with our AIT Engineers and SMEs to ensure test aids are available to support and needed subsystem testing.
- You will help with the collection of EGSE, MGSE.
- You will identify the process for successful hardware realization.
- Our team will also rely on you to test configurations.
- You will own and organize general lab management.
- US Citizenship required
- Required: active DoD Secret clearance with ability to obtain Top Secret clearance. Active Top Secret clearance with experience in (last 2 years) or active Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) strongly desired.
- Preferred: Current in-scope DoD SECRET background investigation with at least 3 years of eligibility remaining, or Continuous Evaluation (CE) status, with willingness and ability to obtain a Top Secret clearance
- Preferred: DoD or Intelligence Community Top Secret background investigation with at least 3 years of eligibility remaining or CE status; and SCI eligibility with current experience in SCI programs, other control systems, and/or Special Access Programs
- Hands-on experience with flight hardware with an emphasis on electrical OR mechanical, and a strong understanding of the other.
- Ownership of the manufacturing space, ensuring safe and successful execution of Spacecraft, GSE, Sim, and flat-sat integration and test.
- Trained in using laboratory equipment and measuring techniques with DMM, O-Scopes, Logic Analyzers, Signal Analyzers.
- Trained in FOD awareness and mitigation techniques.
- ESD and cleanroom trained, with understanding how to set-up and maintain a lab and manufacturing floor environment.
- Meticulously detail orientated and pride in ownership of work performed.
Nice to Haves:
- An understanding of Spacecraft unique test equipment, RF Test Consoles, ConSims, Spacecraft Test Consoles and their operating languages
- Knowledge of how to run RF Testing, environmental facilities, Vibration, TVAC, or EMI/EMC.
- Understand how to read engineering drawings and provide feedback to engineering on assembly approaches and Design for Test and Manufacturing guidelines.
Some of Our Awesome Benefits:
- 100% company-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance option for employees and dependents
- Flexible Spending (FSA) and Health Savings (HSA) Accounts offered with an employer contribution to the HSA
- 100% employer paid Life, AD&D, Short-Term, and Long-Term Disability insurance
- Flexible Time Off policy for vacation and sick leave, and 12 paid holidays
- 401(k) plan and equity options
- Daily catered lunches and snacks
- International exposure to our team in France
- Fully paid parental leave; 14 weeks for primary caregiver and 10 weeks for secondary caregiver
- Carrot Fertility provides comprehensive, inclusive fertility healthcare and family-forming benefits with financial support
- Off-sites and many social events and celebrations
- Relocation assistance when applicable
Who We Are
Loft Orbital builds “shareable” satellites, providing a fast & simple path to orbit for organizations that require access to space. Powered by our hardware & software products, we operate satellites, fly customer payloads onboard, and handle entire missions from end to end - significantly reducing the lead-time and risk of a traditional space mission.
Our standard interface enables us to fly multiple customer payloads on the same satellite, with capabilities such as earth imagery, weather & climate /science data collection, IoT connectivity, in-orbit demonstrations, and national security missions. Our customers trust us to manage their space infrastructure, so they can focus on what matters most to them: operating their mission and collecting their data.
At Loft, you’ll be given the autonomy and ownership to solve significant challenges, but with a close-knit and supportive team at your back. We believe that diversity and community are the foundation of an open culture. We are committed to hiring the best people regardless of background and make their time at Loft the most fulfilling period of their career.
We value kind, supportive and team-oriented collaborators. It is also crucial for us that you are a problem solver and a great communicator. As our team is international, you will need strong English skills to better collaborate, easily communicate complex ideas and convey important messages.
With 3 satellites on-orbit and a wave of exciting missions launching soon, we are scaling up quickly across our offices in San Francisco, CA | Golden, CO | and Toulouse, France.
As an international company your resume will be reviewed by people across our offices so please attach a copy in English.