Golden, CO, USA
Posted on Friday, May 19, 2023
Wanna Join the Adventure?
Loft Orbital is seeking a Facilities Lead to ensure the safety and optimal functionality of our three buildings/locations. In this role, you will be responsible for managing and maintaining the facilities and associated infrastructure. Working closely with cross-functional teams including Operations, Security, IT, and Office Management, you will coordinate facility projects and proactively maintain equipment and systems. Join us as a Facilities Lead and play a vital role in creating a conducive and efficient work environment for our teams.
*Research shows that while men apply to jobs where they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalized people tend to only apply when they meet 100% of the qualifications. At Loft, we value respectful debate and people who aren’t afraid to challenge assumptions. We strongly encourage you to apply, even if you don’t ‘check all the boxes.
About This Role:
- Proactively inspect facilities to assess need for repair/refurbishments and plan and coordinate project execution.
- Manage equipment and supplies to meet health and safety standards and minimize costs.
- Serve as Loft’s primary point of contact for all facilities-related issues (e.g., contractors, landlords, municipal representatives).
- Individually perform plumbing, electrical, HVAC, carpentry, painting maintenance/repair work, as required.
- 6+ years’ experience in facilities maintenance operations
- Able to prioritize and balance multitude of projects happening concurrently with constrained timelines.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and oral)
- Self-starter. Works independently with limited to no supervision.
- Ability to use basic carpentry, electrical, plumbing, painting, and custodial tools.
- Able to hand lift/carry ~50 lbs, and operate pallet jack pushing heavier loads
- Will occasionally work with hazardous chemicals and/or tools/equipment (e.g., paints, solvents, power tools)
- May require working in uncomfortable positions and/or dangerous environments (e.g., electrical service room, building roofs, atop ladders/platforms, etc…)
Nice to Haves:
- Forklift certification
- Previous experience with facilities databases and condition-based monitoring systems
- Trade license (e.g., Electrical, Plumbing, HVAC)
- Relevant industry certification (e.g., CFM) and/or collegiate degrees in facilities maintenance, engineering, or similar field.
Some of Our Awesome Benefits:
- 100% company-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance option for employees and dependents
- Flexible Time Off policy for vacation and sick
- 401(k) plan and equity options
- Daily catered lunches and snacks
- International exposure to our team in France
- Fully paid parental leave; 14 weeks for birthing parents and 10 weeks for non-birthing parents
- Carrot Fertility provides comprehensive, inclusive fertility healthcare and family-forming benefits with financial support
- Off-sites and many social events and celebrations
- Relocation assistance when applicable
Who We Are
Loft Orbital builds “shareable” satellites, providing a fast & simple path to orbit for organizations that require access to space. Powered by our hardware & software products, we operate satellites, fly customer payloads onboard, and handle entire missions from end to end - significantly reducing the lead-time and risk of a traditional space mission.
Our standard interface enables us to fly multiple customer payloads on the same satellite, with capabilities such as earth imagery, weather & climate /science data collection, IoT connectivity, in-orbit demonstrations, and national security missions. Our customers trust us to manage their space infrastructure, so they can focus on what matters most to them: operating their mission and collecting their data.
At Loft, you’ll be given the autonomy and ownership to solve significant challenges, but with a close-knit and supportive team at your back. We believe that diversity and community are the foundation of an open culture. We are committed to hiring the best people regardless of background and make their time at Loft the most fulfilling period of their career.
We value kind, supportive and team-oriented collaborators. It is also crucial for us that you are a problem solver and a great communicator. As our team is international, you will need strong English skills to better collaborate, easily communicate complex ideas and convey important messages.
With 3 satellites on-orbit and a wave of exciting missions launching soon, we are scaling up quickly across our offices in San Francisco, CA | Golden, CO | and Toulouse, France.
As an international company your resume will be reviewed by people across our offices so please attach a copy in English.
See more open positions at Loft Orbital
Something looks off?