Golden, CO, USA
Posted on Friday, May 26, 2023
Wanna Join the Adventure?
Loft Orbital has an exciting opportunity for a pioneering role at the ground level, where you can shape the future. As the Manufacturing Engineer, you will play a critical role in building the necessary processes and tools to minimize variability across builds and optimize our production processes. Collaborating with multiple functions such as Operations, Supply Chain, Finance, and Engineering, you will ensure alignment of Bill of Materials (BOM) and facilitate seamless execution on the production floor. This role is instrumental in our company's ability to scale production effectively. Help Loft reach new heights in the world of space hardware!
*Research shows that while men apply to jobs where they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalized people tend to only apply when they meet 100% of the qualifications. At Loft, we value respectful debate and people who aren’t afraid to challenge assumptions. We strongly encourage you to apply, even if you don’t ‘check all the boxes.
About This Role:
- Create/Maintain manufacturing process plans and work instructions to set standards on the production floor.
- Develop and execute on a roadmap to streamline the production process by leveraging new tooling, equipment and/or technologies.
- Manage Bill of Materials (BOMs) within ERP environment and coordinate changes/improvements with design engineering.
- Develop and validate manufacturing processes, tooling and/or equipment, as well as production line layout required to optimize spacecraft build.
- Coordinate across functional disciplines to solve technical and production problems to minimize impacts to workflow.
- Provide floor support for development and execution of complex space hardware assembly and test.
- At least 5 years of professional experience within the aerospace manufacturing industry
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, or equivalent experience
- Ability to read and interpret engineering documentation (e.g., electrical schematics, mechanical drawings, CAD models, wire lists)
- Experience with electronics manufacturing processes (i.e., soldering, polymerics, harnessing)
- Experience managing BOMs, routers and work orders within an ERP system
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills (both written and oral)
Nice to Haves:
- Previous IPC certifications for electronic and harnessing assemblies (e.g., IPC-610, IPC-7711/7721, WHMA-620D and/or NASA J-STD-00)
- Lean Six Sigma certifications and/or training
- Experience with scripting and automation (e.g., VBA, Python)
Some of Our Awesome Benefits:
- 100% company-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance option for employees and dependents
- Flexible Spending (FSA) and Health Savings (HSA) Accounts offered with an employer contribution to the HSA
- 100% employer paid Life, AD&D, Short-Term, and Long-Term Disability insurance
- Flexible Time Off policy for vacation and sick leave, and 12 paid holidays
- 401(k) plan and equity options
- Daily catered lunches and snacks
- International exposure to our team in France
- Fully paid parental leave; 14 weeks for primary caregiver and 10 weeks for secondary caregiver
- Carrot Fertility provides comprehensive, inclusive fertility healthcare and family-forming benefits with financial support
- Off-sites and many social events and celebrations
- Relocation assistance when applicable
Who We Are
Loft Orbital builds “shareable” satellites, providing a fast & simple path to orbit for organizations that require access to space. Powered by our hardware & software products, we operate satellites, fly customer payloads onboard, and handle entire missions from end to end - significantly reducing the lead-time and risk of a traditional space mission.
Our standard interface enables us to fly multiple customer payloads on the same satellite, with capabilities such as earth imagery, weather & climate /science data collection, IoT connectivity, in-orbit demonstrations, and national security missions. Our customers trust us to manage their space infrastructure, so they can focus on what matters most to them: operating their mission and collecting their data.
At Loft, you’ll be given the autonomy and ownership to solve significant challenges, but with a close-knit and supportive team at your back. We believe that diversity and community are the foundation of an open culture. We are committed to hiring the best people regardless of background and make their time at Loft the most fulfilling period of their career.
We value kind, supportive and team-oriented collaborators. It is also crucial for us that you are a problem solver and a great communicator. As our team is international, you will need strong English skills to better collaborate, easily communicate complex ideas and convey important messages.
With 3 satellites on-orbit and a wave of exciting missions launching soon, we are scaling up quickly across our offices in San Francisco, CA | Golden, CO | and Toulouse, France.
As an international company your resume will be reviewed by people across our offices so please attach a copy in English.