Golden, CO, USA
Posted on Wednesday, July 26, 2023
Wanna join the adventure?
You will be the hands on support, working with our AIT Engineers to inspect, assemble, integrate and test spacecraft flight hardware and associated equipment (e.g., wire harnesses, avionics boxes, mechanisms and other spacecraft sub-assemblies/systems, as well as mechanical tooling/fixturing and specialized test equipment). As a Test Technician, you will work closely with variety of Engineers to optimize design, build and test processes and help Loft to effectively scale production/test activities to meet emerging and contractual demand.
*Research shows that while men apply to jobs where they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalized people tend to only apply when they meet 100% of the qualifications. At Loft, we value respectful debate and people who aren’t afraid to challenge assumptions. We strongly encourage you to apply, even if you don’t ‘check all the boxes.
About This Role:
- Use tools, measurement and test equipment to build and verify products (e.g., soldering irons, crimpers, torque wrenches, calipers, meters, oscilloscopes, power supplies, etc…). Focus of role will largely be on maintenance & support of Electrical Ground Support Equipment (EGSE), Test Equipment (e.g., thermal chambers, vibration table) and flight product testing.
- Manage tools, hardware and test activities on the production floor to create a safe and organized environment for product actualization.
- Document production/test processes and assist with development/optimization of build and test procedures, production standards, and product designs.
- Contribute to culture centered around test process rigor and skills development
- Troubleshoot issues identified in product build/test and supply and/or execute recommendations for resolution
- Strong communication skills (both written and oral)
- Ability to interpret & work from engineering drawings & 3D models.
- Solid computer skills and familiarity with controlled designs and processes
- Previous experience with Vibration, Thermal Vacuum (TVAC), and/or EMC/EMI testing.
- Meticulously detail orientated and pride in ownership of work performed
Nice to Haves:
- RF products/tools/test experience
- SW/Programming experience (Python preferred)
- Experience test standards (GEVS, CEQATR, Mil-Std-1540, CETS/CTP)
- Certified forklift and/or crane operator
Some of Our Awesome Benefits:
- 100% company-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance option for employees and dependents
- Flexible Spending (FSA) and Health Savings (HSA) Accounts offered with an employer contribution to the HSA
- 100% employer paid Life, AD&D, Short-Term, and Long-Term Disability insurance
- Flexible Time Off policy for vacation and sick leave, and 12 paid holidays
- 401(k) plan and equity options
- Daily catered lunches and snacks
- International exposure to our team in France
- Fully paid parental leave; 14 weeks for primary caregiver and 10 weeks for secondary caregiver
- Carrot Fertility provides comprehensive, inclusive fertility healthcare and family-forming benefits with financial support
- Off-sites and many social events and celebrations
- Relocation assistance when applicable
Who We Are
Loft Orbital builds “shareable” satellites, providing a fast & simple path to orbit for organizations that require access to space. Powered by our hardware & software products, we operate satellites, fly customer payloads onboard, and handle entire missions from end to end - significantly reducing the lead-time and risk of a traditional space mission.
Our standard interface enables us to fly multiple customer payloads on the same satellite, with capabilities such as earth imagery, weather & climate /science data collection, IoT connectivity, in-orbit demonstrations, and national security missions. Our customers trust us to manage their space infrastructure, so they can focus on what matters most to them: operating their mission and collecting their data.
At Loft, you’ll be given the autonomy and ownership to solve significant challenges, but with a close-knit and supportive team at your back. We believe that diversity and community are the foundation of an open culture. We are committed to hiring the best people regardless of background and make their time at Loft the most fulfilling period of their career.
We value kind, supportive and team-oriented collaborators. It is also crucial for us that you are a problem solver and a great communicator. As our team is international, you will need strong English skills to better collaborate, easily communicate complex ideas and convey important messages.
With 3 satellites on-orbit and a wave of exciting missions launching soon, we are scaling up quickly across our offices in San Francisco, CA | Golden, CO | and Toulouse, France.
As an international company your resume will be reviewed by people across our offices so please attach a copy in English.