Accounting & Finance
Golden, CO, USA
Posted on Saturday, October 14, 2023
Wanna Join the Adventure?
Satellite & flight hardware production at Loft Orbital is scaling rapidly, and we are seeking a Buyer to join our team to take on a critical role in sourcing and procuring materials and equipment across Loft’s engineering teams. Your expertise in sourcing and procurement will play a vital role in ensuring that we have the materials, parts and equipment we need to meet our production & launch goals. We are looking for a highly organized and detail-oriented individual who can work well in a fast-paced, international, deadline-driven environment.
Loft is in a period of dynamic growth & this person will initially be a swiss-army-knife, filling some operational gaps that we will eventually hire people for in the future.
Research shows that while men apply to jobs where they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalized people tend to only apply when they meet 100% of the qualifications. At Loft, we value respectful debate and people who aren’t afraid to challenge assumptions. We strongly encourage you to apply, even if you don’t ‘check all the boxes.
About This Role:
- Source and purchase materials and equipment for hardware products & programs
- Negotiate with suppliers to secure the best prices and delivery terms
- Develop and maintain relationships with key suppliers
- Monitor and manage inventory levels to ensure timely delivery of materials
- Ensure that all purchases comply with company policies and procedures
- Collaborate with internal teams to understand their material and equipment requirements
- Track and report on purchasing activity and spend
- Participate in the development and implementation of procurement strategies
- Coordinate logistics and transportation for deliveries
- Manage and resolve any issues or conflicts with suppliers
- Prepare and analyze purchase orders, contracts, and agreements
- Work with internal teams to ensure compliance with quality standards
- Act as the primary point of contact for all purchasing related matters
- Continuously improve and streamline purchasing processes
- 5-10 years of experience in procurement in a high tech, hardware focused industry
- Strong understanding of procurement and sourcing principles
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Strong attention to detail and ability to multitask
- Strong organizational and time-management skills
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Familiarity with MRP/ERP systems and procurement software
- Bachelor's degree in a related field (e.g. supply chain management, business administration)
Nice to Haves:
- Experience in international purchasing
- Knowledge of relevant laws and regulations
- Professional certification in procurement (e.g. CPSM, CPSP)
Some of Our Awesome Benefits:
- 100% company-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance option for employees and dependents
- Flexible Spending (FSA) and Health Savings (HSA) Accounts offered with an employer contribution to the HSA
- 100% employer paid Life, AD&D, Short-Term, and Long-Term Disability insurance
- Flexible Time Off policy for vacation and sick leave, and 12 paid holidays
- 401(k) plan and equity options
- Daily catered lunches and snacks
- International exposure to our team in France
- Fully paid parental leave; 14 weeks for primary caregiver and 10 weeks for secondary caregiver
- Carrot Fertility provides comprehensive, inclusive fertility healthcare and family-forming benefits with financial support
- Off-sites and many social events and celebrations
- Relocation assistance when applicable
Who We Are
Loft Orbital builds “shareable” satellites, providing a fast & simple path to orbit for organizations that require access to space. Powered by our hardware & software products, we operate satellites, fly customer payloads onboard, and handle entire missions from end to end - significantly reducing the lead-time and risk of a traditional space mission.
Our standard interface enables us to fly multiple customer payloads on the same satellite, with capabilities such as earth imagery, weather & climate /science data collection, IoT connectivity, in-orbit demonstrations, and national security missions. Our customers trust us to manage their space infrastructure, so they can focus on what matters most to them: operating their mission and collecting their data.
At Loft, you’ll be given the autonomy and ownership to solve significant challenges, but with a close-knit and supportive team at your back. We believe that diversity and community are the foundation of an open culture. We are committed to hiring the best people regardless of background and make their time at Loft the most fulfilling period of their career.
We value kind, supportive and team-oriented collaborators. It is also crucial for us that you are a problem solver and a great communicator. As our team is international, you will need strong English skills to better collaborate, easily communicate complex ideas and convey important messages.
With 3 satellites on-orbit and a wave of exciting missions launching soon, we are scaling up quickly across our offices in San Francisco, CA | Golden, CO | and Toulouse, France.
As an international company your resume will be reviewed by people across our offices so please attach a copy in English.