Accounting & Finance, Sales & Business Development
Posted on Friday, December 15, 2023
About Loft Orbital
Founded in 2017 in San Francisco, Loft Orbital is a pioneer in the provision of Space Infrastructure as a Service.
We build “shareable” satellites to make access to space much faster and easier. This means that we embark multiple customers on the same satellite, for example to take pictures, support IoT connectivity, act as blockchain nodes, etcetera. This service is powered by our hardware and software products that enable any payload to fly on a standard satellite, reducing the lead-time and risk of a traditional space mission.
Our customers trust us to manage their space infrastructure, so they can focus on what matters most to them: operate their payload and collect their data.
We are 200+ Lofties between our offices in San Francisco (California), Golden (Colorado) and Toulouse (France).
About the role
As part of our growth, our Finance team is looking for an Accounting Manager. Reporting to the Finance Director in France, your main goals will be to set up and monitor on a daily basis the key business indicators, financial reporting and cash management of the French subsidiary.
What You'll Do
- French bookkeeping with Netsuite (payroll entries from Netsuite, bill from Spendesk, bank payments, bank reconciliations, etc.)
- Prepare monthly French books according to French GaaP within Netsuite
- Help preparation of monthly VAT reports and other French tax supports
- Work closely with the US finance team to prepare worldwide financial results
- Design and implement processes and internal controls
- Assist with the annual US financial auditsLiaise with local tax consultants to comply with statutory reporting requirementsSupport the finance team with assignments and analyses, as needed
Who You Are
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
- 5+ years of progressive accounting experience
- Expert in Excel
- Familiarity with ERP systems; working knowledge of NetSuite a plus
- Familiarity with US GAAP is a plus
- You are rigorous, autonomous, and organized and you have the will to accompany the development of the financial division by being proactive and a force of proposal
- Fluent in English
Who We Are
Loft Orbital builds “shareable” satellites, providing a fast & simple path to orbit for organizations that require access to space. Powered by our hardware & software products, we operate satellites, fly customer payloads onboard, and handle entire missions from end to end - significantly reducing the lead-time and risk of a traditional space mission.
Our standard interface enables us to fly multiple customer payloads on the same satellite, with capabilities such as earth imagery, weather & climate /science data collection, IoT connectivity, in-orbit demonstrations, and national security missions. Our customers trust us to manage their space infrastructure, so they can focus on what matters most to them: operating their mission and collecting their data.
At Loft, you’ll be given the autonomy and ownership to solve significant challenges, but with a close-knit and supportive team at your back. We believe that diversity and community are the foundation of an open culture. We are committed to hiring the best people regardless of background and make their time at Loft the most fulfilling period of their career.
We value kind, supportive and team-oriented collaborators. It is also crucial for us that you are a problem solver and a great communicator. As our team is international, you will need strong English skills to better collaborate, easily communicate complex ideas and convey important messages.
With 3 satellites on-orbit and a wave of exciting missions launching soon, we are scaling up quickly across our offices in San Francisco, CA | Golden, CO | and Toulouse, France.
As an international company your resume will be reviewed by people across our offices so please attach a copy in English.