Senior Software Engineer, Developer Experience
Senior Software Engineer, Developer Experience (REMOTE - Bangalore, India or Palo Alto, CA)
We are Skyflow, a Silicon Valley startup that has built the world’s first data privacy vault delivered as an API. Our mission is to transform how businesses handle and protect their users’ financial, healthcare, and personal information — the data that powers our digital economy. Inspired by the zero trust data vaults that Apple and Netflix built to handle customer data, we've built a cloud-based vault that is available through a simple and elegant API. With Skyflow, developers can easily build best-of-breed data privacy, security and compliance directly into their applications, the same way they use Stripe, Twilio, or Okta.
Skyflow is based in Palo Alto California, with offices in Bangalore, India, and team members working from locations all around the world. We have former Executives and Leaders from the likes of Salesforce, Google, Twilio, and Oracle. Come join us!
About the role:
As a Senior Software Engineer, Developer Experience, you will be responsible for designing and developing important facets of our Developer Experience which sits at the very heart of Skyflows security and privacy platform. Specifically you will design and develop our APIs, SDKs, documentation platform, and developer onboarding tools, while enforcing best practices in software quality, security, testing and documentation. This is a high-impact role for the business as you'll be responsible for the APIs of an API-first platform, as well as opening up a new avenue for self-serve growth at Skyflow. Developers are core to what we do - We build for developers. Every user of Skyflow will use the products for which you are responsible.
We know great software engineers come from diverse backgrounds so no single individual may have all the desired skills on day one. But if you are the kind of software engineer who would have loved to engineer solutions for Stripe or Twilio API's, or the Slack or Zendesk app, or the Snowflake or MongoDB platform - we want to talk to you.
- 5+ years of experience in fullstack development within an agile environment
- 3+ years of experience working on developer-facing assets
- Solid experience in object-oriented programming and related software development using one of the following: Go (preferred), Java, C++, Python
- Experience with various modern database management systems (e.g. SQL, MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB)
- Lots of empathy, great communication skills, ability to thrive in an extremely collaborative environment
- Perform front-line software development for Skyflow’s Developer Experience resources
- Produce technical design specifications while collaborating with other engineers, product managers, and product UX designers
- Deliver software solutions and high-quality code that’s readable and well-documented
- Evaluate reliability, performance, scalability, and engineering aspects to ensure a smooth rollout and delivery of SDKs and sample apps
- Assess and approve external technologies and technology partners for the sustainability of our software platform and developer community
- Act as a point person with technical mastery of multiple platform components and have an active voice in Developer Relations
- Work from home expense (U.S., Canada, and Australia)
- Excellent Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance Options (Varies by Country)
- Vanguard 401k
- Very generous PTO
- Flexible Hours
- Generous Equity
At Skyflow, we believe that diverse teams are the strongest teams. We invite applicants of all genders, races, ethnicities, nationalities, ages, religions, sexual orientations, disability statuses, educational experiences, family situations, and socio-economic backgrounds.
A base salary range of $150,000 - $221,000 can be expected for this role in the San Francisco/Bay Area. You could also be entitled to receive an additional incentive bonus or variable pay, equity, and benefits.
Skyflow operates from a place of high trust and transparency; we are happy to disclose the pay range for our open roles that best align with your needs. Exact compensation may vary based on skills, experience, education, and location.