Senior Software Engineer, Developer Tooling
Senior Software Engineer, Developer Tooling (REMOTE - Bangalore, India OR Palo Alto, CA)
We are Skyflow, a Silicon Valley startup that has built the world’s first data privacy vault delivered as an API. Our mission is to transform how businesses handle and protect their users’ financial, healthcare, and personal information — the data that powers our digital economy. Inspired by the zero trust data vaults that Apple and Netflix built to handle customer data, we've built a cloud-based vault that is available through a simple and elegant API. With Skyflow, developers can easily build best-of-breed data privacy, security and compliance directly into their applications, the same way they use Stripe, Twilio, or Okta.
Skyflow is based in Palo Alto California, with offices in Bangalore, India, and team members working from locations all around the world. We have former Executives and Leaders from the likes of Salesforce, Google, Twilio, and Oracle. Come join us!
About the role:
As a Senior Software Engineer, Developer Tooling, you will collaborate with engineering teams across Skyflow and implement modern interpretations of DevOps, Build and Release Engineering (CI/CD), and Tools/Infrastructure. You will lead these projects from inception and be involved in complex initiatives to ensure our developers have what they need to be efficient and productive.
We know great software engineers come from diverse backgrounds so no single individual may have all the desired skills on day one. But if you are the kind of software engineer who would have loved to engineer developer productivity solutions for Stripe or Twilio, or the Slack or Zendesk app, or the Snowflake or MongoDB platform - we want to talk to you.
- 5+ years of experience in software engineering, software development, and/or system operations
- Hands-on experience with container technologies (Docker, ArgoCD, Helm, etc.)
- Experience automating infrastructure, testing, and leading deployments using tools like CloudFormation or Terraform
- Experience with monitoring and observability tools and applications, such as Splunk, Data Dog or ElasticSearch.
- Proven ability to lead complex initiatives/projects from inception to completion and can explain the Infrastructure-as-Code paradigm
- Build, scale, and maintain our cloud infrastructure to support continuous integration systems for building, testing, and deploying Skyflow products
- Design, implement, and run builds and continuous delivery pipelines, while following configuration-as-code practices
- Develop automated tools to monitor and improve our build, test, and release process to enable rapid releases with high quality
- Ensure code quality by incorporating and enhancing existing tools such as static code analysis or code coverage into the CI pipeline
- Tackle performance and stability issues with our development tools
- Maintain critical services and provide visibility to internal teams
- Work from home expense (U.S., Canada, and Australia)
- Excellent Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance Options (Varies by Country)
- Vanguard 401k
- Very generous PTO
- Flexible Hours
- Generous Equity
At Skyflow, we believe that diverse teams are the strongest teams. We invite applicants of all genders, races, ethnicities, nationalities, ages, religions, sexual orientations, disability statuses, educational experiences, family situations, and socio-economic backgrounds.
A base salary range of $150,000 - $221,000 can be expected for this role in the San Francisco/Bay Area. You could also be entitled to receive an additional incentive bonus or variable pay, equity, and benefits.
Skyflow operates from a place of high trust and transparency; we are happy to disclose the pay range for our open roles that best align with your needs. Exact compensation may vary based on skills, experience, education, and location.