Senior Backend Software Engineer (REMOTE - Palo Alto, CA)
Backend Software Engineer (US REMOTE - Palo Alto, CA)
We are Skyflow, a Silicon Valley startup that has built the world’s first data privacy vault delivered as an API. Our mission is to transform how businesses handle and protect their users’ financial, healthcare, and personal information — the data that powers our digital economy. Inspired by the zero trust data vaults that Apple and Netflix built to handle customer data, we've built a cloud-based vault that is available through a simple and elegant API. With Skyflow, developers can easily build best-of-breed data privacy, security and compliance directly into their applications, the same way they use Stripe, Twilio, or Okta.
Skyflow is based in Palo Alto California, with offices in Bangalore, India, and team members working from locations all around the world. We have former Executives and Leaders from the likes of Salesforce, Google, Twilio, and Oracle. Come join us!
About the role:
As a Backend Software Engineer you will be responsible for developing a state-of-the-art SaaS solution that enables enterprises to govern and protect their sensitive data. You will contribute to performance engineering efforts and ensure low-latency and high-throughput transactions at scale. You will participate and be responsible for enforcing best practices in software quality, security, testing and documentation.
We know great software engineers come from diverse backgrounds so no single individual may have all the desired skills on day one. But if you are the kind of software engineer who would have loved to engineer solutions for Stripe or Twilio API's, or the Slack or Zendesk app, or the Snowflake or MongoDB platform - we want to talk to you.
- Proficient in one or more programming languages like Go (preferred), Java, C, C++, Python
- Experience in performance engineering: developing high-throughput, low-latency systems
- Deep understanding of algorithms, data structures, scalability, and distributed systems
- Privacy, authorization/authentication engineering is a huge plus
- Experience with continuous integration, writing testable code, and test-driven development
- Proven track record of delivering cloud-native distributed SaaS platforms at scale, and with a meaningful adoption
- Traits such as being a fast learner, adaptable to changing landscape and most importantly a strong believer in being hands-on
- Responsible for designing and developing Privacy APIs and backend infrastructure to support large-scale data and privacy workflows
- Contribute to performance engineering efforts and ensure low-latency and high-throughput transactions at scale
- Participate in building and implementing effective test strategies and developing software with high-agility and zero downtime
- Collaborate with security and privacy engineers to deliver state-of-the-art privacy solutions
- Excellent Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance Options (Varies by Country)
- Unlimited PTO
- Flexible Hours
- Generous Equity
At Skyflow, we believe that diverse teams are the strongest teams. We invite applicants of all genders, races, ethnicities, nationalities, ages, religions, sexual orientations, disability statuses, educational experiences, family situations, and socio-economic backgrounds.
A base salary range of $150,000 - $221,000 can be expected for this role in the San Francisco/Bay Area. You could also be entitled to receive an additional incentive bonus or variable pay, equity, and benefits.
Skyflow operates from a place of high trust and transparency; we are happy to disclose the pay range for our open roles that best align with your needs. Exact compensation may vary based on skills, experience, education, and location.
Something looks off?