Senior Software Engineer, Vault
Senior Software Engineer, Vault (REMOTE - Palo Alto, CA or Bangalore, India)
We are Skyflow, a Silicon Valley startup that has built the world’s first data privacy vault delivered as an API. Our mission is to transform how businesses handle and protect their users’ financial, healthcare, and personal information — the data that powers our digital economy. Inspired by the zero trust data vaults that Apple and Netflix built to handle customer data, we've built a cloud-based vault that is available through a simple and elegant API. With Skyflow, developers can easily build best-of-breed data privacy, security and compliance directly into their applications, the same way they use Stripe, Twilio, or Okta.
Skyflow is based in Palo Alto California, with offices in Bangalore, India, and team members working from locations all around the world. We have former Executives and Leaders from the likes of Salesforce, Google, Twilio, and Oracle. Come join us!
About the role:
As a Senior Software Engineer, Vault at Skyflow you will lead and participate in designing, prototyping, and developing software products for data privacy and secure storage. You will build distributed cloud systems at scale, and collaborate daily with a brilliant team of engineers who are passionate about building high-quality enterprise solutions that will delight our customers.
We know great software engineers come from diverse backgrounds so no single individual may have all the desired skills on day one. But if you are the kind of software engineer who would have loved to engineer solutions for Stripe or Twilio API's, or the Slack or Zendesk app, or the Snowflake or MongoDB platform - we want to talk to you.
- 5+ years of experience in object-oriented programming and related software development using one of the following: Go(preferred), Java, C++, Python
- Experience designing highly-available and highly-scalable data algorithms and models
- Solid experience building high-throughput, low-latency systems
- Experience with a relational databases (e.g. SQL, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle, Teradata, BigQuery, or similar)
- Experience with continuous integration, designing testable code, and test-driven development
- Experience developing enterprise SaaS applications
Nice to haves
- Some understanding of modern privacy expectations and compliance will be a plus
- Experience building security and privacy applications or infrastructure
- Design and develop Privacy APIs and backend infrastructure to support large-scale data and privacy workflows
- Contribute to performance engineering efforts to ensure low-latency and high-throughput transactions at scale
- Collaborate with security and privacy engineers to deliver state-of-the-art privacy solutions
- Participate in building and implementing effective test strategies and develop software with high agility and zero downtime
- Evaluate reliability, performance, scalability, and engineering aspects to ensure a smooth software production rollout and delivery
- Assess and approve external technologies and technology partners for the sustainability of our software platform
- Act as a point person with technical mastery of multiple platform components
- Contribute to building a world-class software team
- Excellent Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance Options (Varies by Country)
- Unlimited PTO
- Flexible Hours
- Generous Equity
At Skyflow, we believe that diverse teams are the strongest teams. We invite applicants of all genders, races, ethnicities, nationalities, ages, religions, sexual orientations, disability statuses, educational experiences, family situations, and socio-economic backgrounds.
A base salary range of $150,000 - $221,000 can be expected for this role in the San Francisco/Bay Area. You could also be entitled to receive an additional incentive bonus or variable pay, equity, and benefits.
Skyflow operates from a place of high trust and transparency; we are happy to disclose the pay range for our open roles that best align with your needs. Exact compensation may vary based on skills, experience, education, and location.