Engineering Manager, Data Integrations (Bangalore, India)
Location: Strong preference for Bangalore. Mode is a remote-first company with cross-functional teams based throughout the US and India.
Data-driven companies win. Mode provides the tools to make companies data-driven. Data analysts quickly answer business questions using data in a comprehensive, cloud-based toolchain. Business users can understand and explore their company’s data in our world-class visualization product. By serving both analysts and business users, Mode provides the complete solution for data-driven companies.
Mode’s engineering team
Come work with a diverse and deeply experienced team. We have colleagues from companies like Google, Tableau, SAS, Apple, Facebook, Glassdoor and many more. Read about our key engineering values.
Engineers at Mode work in small, cross-functional teams that own specific products and act with high autonomy. We value open discussion, collaboration and engineering excellence.
The Engineering Manager for the Data Integrations Team plays an important role in shaping the backend engineering team in India. This team will be responsible for a modern Data Integration platform that helps our partners and customers realize the value of Mode by taking advantage of a low-code/no-code interface to accelerate the loading of data into Mode from the industry forward ecosystem of connectors and the transformation of that data for advanced analytics.
- Java 11, Go
- Infrastructure and orchestration: Terraform, Docker
- A wide array of AWS services including EC2, RDS, DynamoDB, ECR, ECS
- Monitoring and observability: Honeycomb, Wavefront, Sumologic, Bugsnag
- GitHub, Circle CI
What you'll do
- Mentor, manage and grow a team of engineers
- Participate in code reviews and technical leadership
- Define and enforce quality standards and review processes
- Work cross-functionally with the other members of the engineering and product team to ensure that the team is delivering value to Mode's business
- Work with engineering leadership to develop career pathing and manage the performance of your team members
- Contribute to engineering-wide initiatives as part of the engineering management team
What we look for
- 9-13 years of total experience with 2-3 years of leadership experience - managing and building engineering teams
- Strong software development background with Java
- Familiarity with database technologies (Relational, Cloud Based, NoSQL, etc)
- The high degree of empathy for the team and individual outcomes
- A growth mindset and excitement about breaking the status quo by seeking innovative solutions.
- Great communication skills, both verbal and written, and an interest in working with a diverse set of peers and customers.
- Alignment with Mode's values
- We are particularly excited if you bring experience as a Committer to open source like Apache Iceberg, Parquet, Spark, Hive, Flink, Delta Lake, Presto, Trino, and Avro
Mode is a collaborative analytics platform that brings teams together around data to make game-changing decisions.
In everything we do, we strive to put the people we do it for first. This starts internally: together we're building a culture that embraces diversity and learning, humility and gratitude. At the same time, we try not to take ourselves too seriously and strive for a healthy balance between work and personal pursuits.
Benefits you can expect as a Mode employee:
- Generous PTO and family leave
- Flexible work schedules—we trust you to know what will make yourself most productive
- Excellent health coverage for team members and their families
- Supportive work environment and a manager who is focused on your professional growth
Something looks off?