Engineering Manager - Visualizations
Location: Mode is a remote-first company. We welcome applicants based remotely in all 50 states.
Data-driven companies win. Mode provides the tools to make companies data-driven. Data analysts quickly answer business questions using data in a comprehensive, cloud-based toolchain. Business users can understand and explore their company’s data in our world-class visualization product. By serving both analysts and business users, Mode provides the complete solution for data-driven companies.
A key part of our product strategy is to continue to expand and improve our flexible, stunning visuals. As more and more users leverage Mode to understand their business & data, we aim to help provide easy to build, powerful visual story telling tools. The manager for this team will help design the vision for our continued success in our Visualizations Platform.
Mode’s engineering team
Come work with a diverse and deeply experienced team. We have colleagues from companies like Google, Tableau, SAS, Apple, Facebook, Glassdoor, and many more.
What you'll do
- Work with Mode engineers to build the technical vision for Data Visualizations
- Mentor, manage, and grow your engineers
- Work with engineering leadership to develop career pathing and manage the performance of your team
- Work with other members of the engineering and product team to prioritize most impactful visualization & UI improvements for our customer base
- Follow trends in the data analytics & data visualization industries, and provide guidance to the org & team which are most impactful for us to pursue
- Contribute to engineering-wide initiatives as part of the engineering management team
What we look for
- Experience managing and building engineering teams
- Strong leadership & communication skills, with the ability to lead by influence in collaborative & productive ways
- Strong software development or data science background
- High degree of empathy and concern for both team and individual outcomes
- Alignment with Mode's values
We are particularly excited if you bring experience building visualizations and charting platforms at a SaaS company. Interest and experience in data analytics is a bonus.
Mode is a collaborative analytics platform that brings teams together around data to make game-changing decisions.
In everything we do, we strive to put the people we do it for first. This starts internally: together we're building a culture that embraces diversity and learning, humility and gratitude. At the same time, we try not to take ourselves too seriously and strive for a healthy balance between work and personal pursuits.
Benefits you can expect as a Mode employee:
- Generous, flexible PTO and family leave
- Flexible work schedules—we trust you to know what will make yourself most productive
- Excellent health coverage for team members and their families (Mode pays 100% of the premiums)
- Supportive work environment and a manager who is focused on your professional growth
- Company events that highlight our team's passions and hobbies
Mode is committed to building an inclusive and diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcome people from all backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. For California residents please review our CCPA Privacy Notice linked here.
The compensation range for this role is $160,000 - $225,000 to be determined by level.
Something looks off?