Sr. Software Engineer - Ruby on Rails (Bangalore, India)
Location: Mode is a remote-first company with cross-functional teams based throughout the US and India. We welcome applicants who are based in Bangalore.
Data-driven companies win. Mode provides the tools to make companies data-driven. Data analysts quickly answer business questions using data in a comprehensive, cloud-based toolchain. Business users can understand and explore their company’s data in our world-class visualization product. By serving both analysts and business users, Mode provides the complete solution for data-driven companies.
Engineering at Mode
Come work with a diverse and deeply experienced team. We have colleagues from companies like Google, Tableau, SAS, Apple, Facebook, Glassdoor and many more. Read about our key engineering values.
Engineers at Mode work in small, cross-functional teams that own specific products and act with high autonomy. We value open discussion, collaboration and engineering excellence.
Billing and Packaging will focus on re-architecting and re-building the packaging and billing code base to provide self-serve purchase and cost optimization options. This new team will work with Admin & Internal tools and Growth Engineering to integrate packaging with other product surface areas to provide better onboarding experience for our customers. Join this team to drive this pivotal change in billing and packaging modules that are crucial to Mode’s growth.
- Our services are written in Java and Golang
- Our proprietary data engine Helix caches, manages and queries customer data
- Our infrastructure is ECS Fargate containers on AWS, managed with Terraform
What you'll do
- Develop our core web applications for data analysts and business users
- Define and maintain development practices that let us move fast with quality
- Work with a wide range of tools and technologies (from SQL to Ruby, Ruby on Rails) and be able to evaluate technologies for what we are building
- Collaborate with a small cross-functional team of Engineers, Product Managers, and Designers to build, test, and ship new user facing code
- Learn from others and teach those around you
What we look for
- Experience in relevant tech stack for 4 - 6 years
- You have built and shipped web applications
- Aptitude with several programming languages (we hire people with backgrounds in any languages, but right now we are primarily using Ruby, Go, Java, Django on Python, Elixir and TypeScript)
- Experience with testing, continuous integration, and continuous deployment
- Alignment with Mode's values
Mode is a collaborative analytics platform that brings teams together around data to make game-changing decisions.
In everything we do, we strive to put the people we do it for first. This starts internally: together we're building a culture that embraces diversity and learning, humility and gratitude. At the same time, we try not to take ourselves too seriously and strive for a healthy balance between work and personal pursuits.
Benefits you can expect as a Mode employee:
- Generous, flexible PTO and family leave
- Flexible work schedules—we trust you to know what will make yourself most productive
- Excellent health coverage for team members and their families (Mode pays the 100% of the premiums)
- Supportive work environment and a manager who is focused on your professional growth
- Company events that highlight our team's passions and hobbies
Mode is committed to building an inclusive and diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcome people from all backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Something looks off?