Senior Software Engineer, Trust and Safety
Posted on Friday, April 22, 2022
OpenSea is the first and largest marketplace for NFTs, offering a diverse range of unique and verifiable digital assets backed by blockchain. We're excited about building a platform that supports a brand new economy based on true digital ownership and are proud to be recognized as Y Combinator's #3 ranked top private company.
When hiring, we look for candidates who can thrive in our culture of trust, feedback, and rapid growth. We believe that diversity and inclusivity are essential to our success, and we provide equal employment opportunities regardless of background or identity. Our opportunities support remote, hybrid, or onsite work at our offices in New York City, San Francisco, or Silicon Valley, and we're dedicated to creating an environment where all employees can do their best work and contribute to the growth of our platform.
We are looking for experienced engineers to join our Trust and Safety Engineering organization. In this role, you will build the foundational risk platform and detection models. You will deploy risk management features on our product surface to protect the ecosystem. You will collaborate closely with our Product, Policy, Operations, Data, Search & Discovery teams. If you are enthusiastic about earning users’ trust, and have experience in the adversarial modeling domain, we want to hear from you!
- Design and build scalable risk data infrastructure and detection engine with low-latency capability
- Design and build platform solutions for human review process, evidence collection, reporting, and more
- Develop rules and ML models to detect policy violations and identify bad actors
- Define success metrics, design and conduct A/B testing to measure product impact
- Partner with Product, Policy, Legal, Operations, and Communications to deploy punitive/corrective/friction solutions
- Lead the technical direction to scale our detection, review and enforcement ahead of business growth
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical field
- 4+ years of experience in adversarial domains like abuse/fraud/spam prevention, anomaly detection, risk management, trust and safety
- Proven record of leading engineering design, implementation, and deployment
- Experience with service-oriented architecture, big-data stack, experimentation framework
- Growth-minded, data, and impact-driven
- (Nice to have) Web3 ecosystem experience
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone who is excited to join the team.
The base salary for this full-time position, which spans across multiple internal levels depending on qualifications, ranges between $160,000 to $305,000 plus benefits & equity.
See more open positions at OpenSea
Something looks off?