Senior Software Engineer, Frontend
Posted on Saturday, April 23, 2022
OpenSea is the first and largest marketplace for NFTs, offering a diverse range of unique and verifiable digital assets backed by blockchain. We're excited about building a platform that supports a brand new economy based on true digital ownership and are proud to be recognized as Y Combinator's #3 ranked top private company.
When hiring, we look for candidates who can thrive in our culture of trust, feedback, and rapid growth. We believe that diversity and inclusivity are essential to our success, and we provide equal employment opportunities regardless of background or identity. Our opportunities support remote, hybrid, or onsite work at our offices in New York City, San Francisco, or Silicon Valley, and we're dedicated to creating an environment where all employees can do their best work and contribute to the growth of our platform.
In this role, you will work closely with Product, Design and the rest of Engineering to craft phenomenal buyer, seller and creator experiences with relentless focus on performance, scale and finesse. You will work on the core web product helping scale the web platform to a global audience. You will lead large initiatives to drastically improve web performance, build i18n infrastructure, A/B testing infrastructure and several accessible UI primitives. If you’re excited to work at a company that is building and shaping the future of marketplaces to empower creators and collectors, welcome to OpenSea.
- Architect efficient and reusable front-end systems that drive complex web applications
- Identify & improve web performance bottlenecks
- Lead complex web platform efforts including accessibility, internationalization involving many engineers
- Provide technical mentorship to peers
- Enable easier web development for peers
- Implement the features and user interfaces of OpenSea web.
- Collaborate with Product Designers, Product Managers, and Software Engineers to deliver compelling user-facing products
- 6+ years of React and HTML/CSS experience, including concepts like layout, specificity, cross browser compatibility, and accessibility
- 6+ years experience with browser APIs and optimizing front end performance
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study, or equivalent practical experience
- Strong customer empathy; you think critically of how our features impact our community, users, and business
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone who is excited to join the team.
The base salary for this full-time position, which spans across multiple internal levels depending on qualifications, ranges between $160,000 to $305,000 plus benefits & equity.