Senior Investigator, Compliance Operations, AML
Posted on Tuesday, December 13, 2022
OpenSea is the first and largest marketplace for NFTs, offering a diverse range of unique and verifiable digital assets backed by blockchain. We're excited about building a platform that supports a brand new economy based on true digital ownership and are proud to be recognized as Y Combinator's #3 ranked top private company.
When hiring, we look for candidates who can thrive in our culture of trust, feedback, and rapid growth. We believe that diversity and inclusivity are essential to our success, and we provide equal employment opportunities regardless of background or identity. Our opportunities support remote, hybrid, or onsite work at our offices in New York City, San Francisco, or Silicon Valley, and we're dedicated to creating an environment where all employees can do their best work and contribute to the growth of our platform.
At OpenSea we work hard to earn our users’ trust every day. As part of the Compliance Operations team, our investigators protect OpeSea from bad actors who may be utilizing the platform with malicious intent. This role is responsible for balancing thorough analysis and perceptive decision making with awareness and care for our impact.
We’re looking for an entrepreneur with deep AML expertise. The business we are in is unchartered territory and it will require creative thinking and design to build programs and mitigate risk in these waters. The right candidate for this role should have direct experience working with product teams, not afraid to take thoughtful risks, and be able to iterate on the fly.
- Complete strategic analysis on industry trends, vectors of exploitation, and/or emerging typologies within the crypto/web3 space
- Gather, analyze, and action behavioral signals to influence model training
- Conduct complex investigations into potential incidents of sanctions, terrorist financing, money laundering, and other illicit behavior
- Leverage experience and expertise to strategically influence the overall program
- Demonstrate sound judgment and an ability to navigate nonbinary, high-risk decisions
- Keep up-to-date with Web3 trends to stay abreast of emerging risk
- 5+ years experience in AML investigations with a minimum of 2 years directly involved in blockchain investigations
- Strong research and investigative skills;Familiarization with SQL and leveraging large data sets as part of the investigations process
- Experience working with product, engineering, legal, and other cross-functional teams
- Highly flexible and adaptable to meet the evolving needs of a high-growth, fast-paced organization
- Ability to operate independently, manage multiple priorities, and use sound judgment
- BA/BS Degree
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone who is excited to join the team.
The base salary for this full-time position, which spans across multiple internal levels depending on qualifications, ranges between $80,000 to $160,000 plus benefits & equity.