Senior Engineering Manager, Trust & Safety
Software Engineering, Other Engineering
Posted on Tuesday, February 14, 2023
OpenSea is the first and largest marketplace for NFTs, offering a diverse range of unique and verifiable digital assets backed by blockchain. We're excited about building a platform that supports a brand new economy based on true digital ownership and are proud to be recognized as Y Combinator's #3 ranked top private company.
When hiring, we look for candidates who can thrive in our culture of trust, feedback, and rapid growth. We believe that diversity and inclusivity are essential to our success, and we provide equal employment opportunities regardless of background or identity. Our opportunities support remote, hybrid, or onsite work at our offices in New York City, San Francisco, or Silicon Valley, and we're dedicated to creating an environment where all employees can do their best work and contribute to the growth of our platform.
We are looking for a senior engineering manager who is a technical leader that's passionate about people growth, novel technical challenges and organizational development. This is an opportunity to help continue to build our NFT marketplace that will support our integrity as we grow over the next decade and beyond. In this role you will support, mentor and assist our Trust and Safety team in driving and deploying strategies that increase user trust.
You will lead your engineering team in building systems and internal tools which will allow our users to have a safe, trustworthy and inspiring experience. We are looking for an individual who is both product and delivery-driven and is passionate about applying their knowledge and experience for real user impact. You will tackle head-on evolving challenges without clear solutions, such as transactional fraud, fake account creation, NFT duplicates or copies, and much more.
- Manage a direct team as well as several cross-functional partnerships to come up with and deploy short & long-term strategies that remove policy-violating content and malicious actors at scale.
- Lead your engineering team to make effective use of, as well as improve our infrastructure and platform.
- Partner with our senior leadership team assisting with, but not limited to, high-level technical challenges, engineering initiatives, prioritization of work, organizational design & company strategy.
- Lead by example as a coach and mentor for the engineers on your team, up-leveling through guidance.
- Evaluate technical tradeoffs of major decisions and commit to judgment that will lead to improvements in efficiencies.
- Help OpenSea’s product teams design safety and abuse resistance into new products from the beginning.
- Create roadmaps with clear project goals, deliverables, expectations and timelines for teams.
- Recruiting to scale the direct team as well as OpenSea a whole.
- Define clear success metrics, measure the impact of your team, and communicate the results to improve future success.
- Experienced in supporting, growing and motivating a product engineering team.
- Experienced in hands-on software development as well as managing and solving novel technical problems, specifically in the trust and safety space.
- Highly technical in the trust and safety domain as well as a proven track record of being an effective & thoughtful people manager.
- Strong written and verbal communication as well as strong business and technical acumen.
- Ability to juggle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone who is excited to join the team.
The base salary for this full-time position, which spans across multiple internal levels depending on qualifications, ranges between $180,000 - $340,000 plus benefits & equity.