Senior Software Engineer, Developer Velocity
Posted on Monday, August 2, 2021
OpenSea is the first and largest marketplace for NFTs, offering a diverse range of unique and verifiable digital assets backed by blockchain. We're excited about building a platform that supports a brand new economy based on true digital ownership and are proud to be recognized as Y Combinator's #3 ranked top private company.
When hiring, we look for candidates who can thrive in our culture of trust, feedback, and rapid growth. We believe that diversity and inclusivity are essential to our success, and we provide equal employment opportunities regardless of background or identity. Our opportunities support remote, hybrid, or onsite work at our offices in New York City, San Francisco, or Silicon Valley, and we're dedicated to creating an environment where all employees can do their best work and contribute to the growth of our platform.
Our engineering team is seeking a strong, talented Software Engineer to own our developer experience and overall velocity across OpenSea. This person will join an elite team supporting our internal infrastructure that enables internal OpenSea developers to write and ship programmatically tested code with extremely high confidence and high velocity. The influence and ownership you provide will directly impact the pace of one of the fastest growing NFT marketplaces in Web3.
- Build tight partnerships with development as continuous integration experts supporting fast-response to emergent throttles and sustainable solutions for optimizations to velocity
- Strategically introduce and optimize testing processes by defining automation best practices and leading high-quality, scalable solutions to testing bottlenecks
- Design and implement tools to build, maintain and operate test environments and infrastructure with the goal to simplify development and automated testing
- Champion quality as a culture across OpenSea
- Strong programmer with infrastructure or developer velocity experience
- Impressive analytical skills to identify inefficiencies across our CI/CD with expertise to drive sustainable solutions
- Experience working in a fast-growing startup environment
- Strong relationship management and interpersonal skills to build tight partnerships with dependent teams
- Collaborative when working across teams and independent when navigating ambiguity of assigned deliverables with minimal supervision
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone who is excited to join the team.
The base salary for this full-time position, which spans across multiple internal levels depending on qualifications, ranges between $160,000 to $305,000 plus benefits & equity.
See more open positions at OpenSea
Something looks off?