Senior Solidity Engineer
Origin Protocol's mission is to bring DeFi and NFTs to the masses and reach the next 100M users in crypto.
Our flagship products are OUSD (https://ousd.com), the first stablecoin that earns yield automatically while in users' wallets and Origin Story (https://story.xyz), the NFT platform that has powered multiple record-breaking NFT sales. Our OUSD governance token, OGV, recently launched and is available on Huobi, Gate.io, and other top exchanges (https://www.coingecko.com/en/coins/origin-dollar-governance). Our NFT value accrual token, OGN, is traded globally on Coinbase, Binance, Huobi, and other exchanges (https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/origin-protocol/).
- Work on open source projects. The OUSD platform and ecosystem around it is 100% open source.
- Own the full lifecycle (design, implementation, testing, audit, launch, maintenance) of smart contracts for the OUSD protocol. Technologies: Solidity, Hardhat, Foundry, Node.js, Python
- Collaborate with front-end, back-end and smart contract engineers to rapidly iterate, experiment and launch features
- Participate in risks analysis, design and integration with other DeFi protocols
- Build and improve the tooling for analytics, monitoring and alerting of the OUSD protocol
- Work closely with Product and Business Development to define functional requirements
As an early engineer, you will also be integral in setting both company and engineering culture and processes. You will help us evangelize the Origin mission and technology.
This is a remote position. We are a fully distributed organization, with team members across the globe.
The ideal candidate will have deployed smart contracts for DeFi, and/or governance contracts and gone through several successful audits with auditing firms.
- 5+ years in software engineering
- 2+ years writing and deploying to Mainnet Solidity smart contracts
- Deep knowledge of smart contracts security is highly desirable
- Experience or interest in Web3 and DeFi protocols is a strong plus
- Experience in Node.js is preferred
- Bonus points for significant contributions to open-source project(s)
- Excellent work ethic with the ability to work quickly, efficiently, and to multitask
- Strong communication skills are particularly important as we are a fully distributed team
How to apply
As an open-source project with hundreds of contributors we welcome applications from the community. We understand that sometimes your resume and work history only tell part of the story. If you are an open source contributor, just send us your GitHub and links to your most technically challenging code contributions.
Alternatively, share your resume with us and any other material that can help us assess your application (link to portfolio, technical articles or blog posts, technical talks, …).
Compensation and Benefits
- We offer a competitive salary in USD and a cryptocurrency grant of Origin Tokens (OGN) and Origin Dollar Governance (OGV).
- Self-managed time off with a recommendation of 21 days minimum
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance through BCBS/Kaiser
- Quarterly Stipend to R3 Health to help you be your best self
- Company Sponsored 401k
- Stipend towards additional equipment beyond the company provided for home office needs, or toward co-working space.
- Distributed workforce with the ability to work from anywhere in the world
- Culture first mentality with periodic in person retreats to recharge and connect with your team
Origin is a well-funded decentralized crypto project, raising over $38M from Pantera Capital, Foundation Capital, Spartan Group, BlockTower Capital, HackVC, Sora, 1kx, and other top crypto venture firms. Our angels include Steve Chen (co-founder of YouTube), Alexis Ohanian (co-founder of Reddit), and Garry Tan (managing partner of Initialized Capital).
The core team of ~30 includes engineering and product managers/leads from Coinbase, Google, Dropbox, Lyft, Palo Alto Networks and other iconic companies.
The Origin community includes hundreds of thousands of community members and hundreds of open-source contributors. Several new startups are building on top of OUSD, and it is integrated widely across DeFi. On the NFT front, we count Paris Hilton as an investor and advisor. We've worked with top crypto and mainstream talent, including Trevor Jones, Alotta Money, KSHMR, Don Diablo, Inspiration4/SpaceX, 3LAU, and Jake Paul.
Something looks off?