Senior Product Manager, Search and Data
Posted on Monday, September 25, 2023
Peerspace invites people to find, share, and book the most magical spaces in the world. Since 2014, our community has been opening the door to thousands of spaces - from lofts and mansions to storefronts and studios - helping people to create one-of-a-kind experiences that would not be possible elsewhere. In total, over 10 million people have been welcomed into a Peerspace location, and we're looking for people who want to help us reach the next 100 million.
As a Senior Product Manager for Search & Data, your mission will be to continuously improve the search algorithms and data pipelines that are core to our business. You will ensure we’re leveraging our search ranking smartly to operate a healthy two-sided marketplace – one that not only matches guests with relevant spaces, but also takes into account the needs of our diverse hosts, who include homeowners, business owners and property managers. You will drive the definition and creation of feedback loops that use data effectively to improve every aspect of our business. In partnership with Engineering leaders, you’ll decide what makes sense to build ourselves, and where to plug in 3rd party services. Our team is small but mighty - so you’ll be able to make a ton of impact quickly, and help shape the future direction of the product and the company.
What you’ll do:
● Establish a vision and product strategy for continuously improving Peerspace’s Search, Discovery and Data capabilities.
● Develop a deep understanding of how our business works today, current guest and host behavior and pain points, competitors and market trends.
● Lead cross-functional teams through the Product Discovery process to determine which solutions to explore, how to validate risks and test hypotheses.
● Identify appropriate metrics to measure search health and data quality, and continuously monitor those metrics to identify opportunities for improvement.
● Communicate plan and progress to leadership team and stakeholders across the company. Actively listen and respond to feedback.
● Drive execution and ensure your cross-functional teams deliver customer value and desired business outcomes effectively.
● Provide feedback to other Product Managers and peers, contribute to creating a learning culture and a fun, rewarding workplace where people can realize their full potential.
Who you are:
● 5+ years of Product Management experience in an eCommerce or Marketplace setting.
● Strong understanding of the fundamentals involved in running and continuously improving Search. High degree of familiarity with AI, Machine Learning and Marketplace principles. Demonstrated ability to apply these to improve business results.
● Scientific and data driven. Skilled in running A/B tests - coming up with hypotheses, honing in on the right success metrics, guardrails, funnel steps and segments to monitor.
● Creative and entrepreneurial problem solver who gets things done. You can build a product roadmap and collaborate with engineering, designers, operations, and executives to make it happen.
● Excellent written and verbal communicator who can simplify or deep dive as needed.
● Inclusive, open-minded, self-aware and eager to continuously learn. You have a passion for product and are genuinely excited about Peerspace's mission.
Working At Peerspace
The annual salary range for this role is $150,000-$180,000. The actual salary amount will vary depending on the applicants experience, skills and abilities as well as internal equity and market data.
Peerspace is proudly certified as a Great Place to Work™ and we're a remote first company with team members located in cities around the globe. Beyond competitive salary and equity compensation, we provide a range of benefits and perks, including:
● 100% employee coverage of medical, dental and vision insurance
● $500 annual professional development allowance
● Discount on all Peerspace bookings
● Laptop, high res display, and stipend to setup home office
● Monthly cell phone and internet credit
● Coworking membership if needed (in lieu of home office)
● Access to the Peerspace network of inspiring spaces to do your best work
● Flexible take it as you need it time off policy
● Wellness Fridays observed company wide
● Biannual in-person, all company offsites and team-building events (in Peerspace locations, of course)
At Peerspace, we're dedicated to creating a team that's diverse, equitable and inclusive. Our workplace is a space where all team members are empowered to blaze their own trail, make things happen, and take pride in their work. We believe bringing people together from different backgrounds and identities makes us stronger and better serves the Peerspace community. We'd especially like to encourage applicants from different backgrounds, locations, and experiences.