Account Development Representative
Sales & Business Development
Remote · United States
Posted on Friday, April 17, 2020
Tonkean is the world’s first totally customizable process experience platform. With Tonkean, you can create intelligent, personalized automations that integrate with every app or system your organization uses. You can cultivate an employee experience that democratizes access to innovative technologies traditionally only available to highly trained developers. You can enable employees to focus more fully on high-value tasks, because you can enable them to automate low-value tasks. You can create inbox solutions that automatically analyze, prioritize, and route unstructured requests coming from any source, and you can track the status of action items as employees collaborate across teams to complete them. And you can design processes that employees are guaranteed to adopt and benefit from no matter their technical acumen, because Tonkean meets employees where they are—eliminating the need for change management—and is 100% no-code.
At Tonkean, we believe that all this—compliance, efficiency, operational excellence—requires high levels of process adoption. But to ensure high levels of process adoption, you need to create processes that provide a great employee experience: that serve employees’ needs, understand their preferences, and solve their problems.
To that end, you need a barrier-breaking technology partner. That’s what Tonkean seeks to be.
Account Development Representatives do much more than sending emails and making phone calls. You believe there is more value you can bring than just following the general “SaaS Sales Playbook.” The feeling of engaging with and activating a prospect gives you more joy then you can express in words, and you are fueled by finding creative ways to reach new people. If this describes who you are, then we want to talk to you.
WHAT YOU WILL WORK ON
- Be the first human interaction with prospects for both inbound leads and outbound prospecting.
- Own initial relationships with prospects by introducing them to Tonkean’s vision, approach, and product.
- Qualify prospects into opportunities.
- Identify new prospects and come up with creative, ingenious ways to get in contact with them.
- Work with the entire marketing team to establish goals and KPIs.
- Work cross-functionally with sales, product, and other departments to be an integral piece to the customer lifecycle and feedback loop.
- Prior experience prospecting in a B2B, enterprise software company is a bonus but not required.
- Unbelievably friendly, conversational, and able to understand prospect needs.
- Familiarity working and speaking with clients of all sizes.
- Impeccable written and verbal communication and persuasion skills.
- Detail oriented and organized.
- Strong team player and self-starter.
- Comfortable with uncertainty, and thrives off of problem-solving.
- Able to multi-task and adjust priorities on the fly.
- Able to understand technical products/ concepts and articulate there value to non-technical people.
- 2+ years of experience as an SDR, BDR, or in a high activity, customer facing position (non-tech sales, recruiting).
- Have a B.A. or similar degree.
- You’re driven. No one needs to push you to excel, it’s just who you are.
- Eager to learn, adapt, and perfect your work. You seek out help and put it to good use.
- There Is Always A Way. At Tonkean, we believe that nothing is impossible. There is a solution to every problem - you just need to find it.
- Think People First. We believe in investing in, empowering, and prioritizing people. We work as a team and win as a team. We listen with purpose as we speak with courage. We believe in diversity. We always ask ourselves: Is this giving value to our customers? Is this improving our team? Is this helping me be better?
- Start With Why And Fail Fast. We believe that progress is the only way forward; that action is always better than no action; that innovation requires bravery. We believe that every worthwhile “how” starts with an important “why.” If you know the “why”, and you can learn from it, It’s never a failure. It is the operational cost of progress.
- No BS. To matter, you must - stay focused, keep it simple and always move the needle. We don’t have time for BS. We don’t waste energy; we prioritize efficiency; we stay focused; and we always try to optimize for what’s important.
PERKS AND BENEFITS
- Join a fast-growing business that is venture-backed by Accel, Lightspeed Venture Partners and Foundation Capital.
- Collaborate with a talented yet humble team as we empower operations teams and eliminate mundane tasks.
- Competitive compensation & equity package
- Virtual and Onsite Social events and company meetings
- 401k, Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Tonkean provides each employee with a Macbook
- Remote employees receive a one-time work from home setup stipend (reimbursable) of $1000(USD) upon commencing employment to purchase desk, chair and other work from home tools.
Tonkean welcomes everyone. We believe every member of our team enriches our diversity and inclusion by broadening our ways of problem-solving for future challenges. Even if you don't meet 100% of the qualifications for this job, we strongly encourage you to apply.
Tonkean is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. We believe diversity is important to building a successful business and do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, reproductive health decisions or related medical conditions, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories.