Head of Marketing
Marketing & Communications
Remote · United States
Posted on Saturday, September 30, 2023
Tonkean is the world’s first totally customizable process experience platform. With Tonkean, you can create intelligent, personalized automations that integrate with every app or system your organization uses. You can cultivate an employee experience that democratizes access to innovative technologies traditionally only available to highly trained developers. You can enable employees to focus more fully on high-value tasks, because you can enable them to automate low-value tasks. You can create inbox solutions that automatically analyze, prioritize, and route unstructured requests coming from any source, and you can track the status of action items as employees collaborate across teams to complete them. And you can design processes that employees are guaranteed to adopt and benefit from no matter their technical acumen, because Tonkean meets employees where they are—eliminating the need for change management—and is 100% no-code.
At Tonkean, we believe that all this—compliance, efficiency, operational excellence—requires high levels of process adoption. But to ensure high levels of process adoption, you need to create processes that provide a great employee experience: that serve employees’ needs, understand their preferences, and solve their problems.
To that end, you need a barrier-breaking technology partner. That’s what Tonkean seeks to be.
Tonkean is seeking a visionary Head of Marketing to lead and orchestrate all marketing efforts. In this role, you will be responsible for shaping the strategic direction of Tonkean's marketing initiatives, expanding its market presence, and driving growth across the organization. Leveraging your deep experience in marketing, you will play a pivotal role in positioning Tonkean as a market leader and furthering its mission to revolutionize business operations.
Reporting directly to the CEO, you will be responsible for the comprehensive marketing strategy and execution. This role will encompass overseeing revenue marketing, marketing operations, inbound marketing and content marketing and cross-functional work with sales, customer experience, and product teams.. You will guide and lead a dynamic team, ensuring alignment with corporate objectives and revenue targets.
If this opportunity excites you, we'd love to talk.
WHAT YOU WILL WORK ON
- Define and execute a global marketing strategy aligned with company goals.
- Provide visionary leadership to guide the marketing team in achieving revenue and growth targets.
- Collaborate with executive leadership to set long-term growth strategies.
- Develop go-to-market strategies for new product launches and feature releases.
- Collaborate with product teams to ensure a deep understanding of market needs and competitive landscape.
- Drive demand generation initiatives to capture and nurture leads across target segments.
- Oversee performance marketing campaigns, SEO, SEM, funnel optimization, and digital marketing efforts.
- Develop and maintain a multi-touch attribution model to demonstrate marketing's contribution to revenue.
- Develop customer marketing programs to foster loyalty, advocacy, and retention.
- Collaborate with sales and customer success teams to identify upsell and cross-sell opportunities.
- Define ABM strategies and execution plans for key accounts to accelerate deal flow.
- Implement closed-loop communication strategies with key decision-makers within accounts.
- Manage and mentor a team, fostering a culture of innovation and collaboration.
- Drive hiring and onboarding efforts to expand the marketing team's capabilities.
- Establish KPIs and develop dashboards to track the performance of various marketing initiatives.
- Use data-driven insights to optimize campaigns, messaging, and tactics.
- Collaborate closely with sales, product, customer experience and other cross-functional teams to ensure alignment and effective execution of growth strategies.
- Provide thought leadership and strategic guidance to internal stakeholders.
- Partner with product marketing to create compelling and relevant content for target segments.
- Ensure alignment of content with messaging across different markets and campaigns.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, or technical discipline; MBA desirable
- 7+ years of experience in enterprise B2B SaaS software marketing
- 5+ years of team management
- Track record of successful collaboration with product, sales, customer experience and executive teams to drive results.
- Demonstrated experience growing revenue at scale via performance marketing within an enterprise B2B SaaS company.
- Demonstrated experience in creating and executing effective product marketing strategies in the enterprise software industry.
- Strong ability to drive innovation and creativity in marketing campaigns and strategies.
- Highly motivated by the prospect of scaling a hyper-growth company.
- Experience leading and scaling cross-functional, dynamic, analytical teams with a keen eye for talent.
- Demonstrated analytical rigor. You must know how to quantitatively analyze and optimize marketing programs and growth initiatives.
- A lean, data-driven, process, and KPI-oriented mentality is critical.
- You must have a strong bias for action and the ability to foster a competitive, results-driven mentality in your team. You must be extremely persistent by nature and unwilling to let your team lose or leave problems unsolved.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- There Is Always A Way. At Tonkean, we believe that nothing is impossible. There is a solution to every problem - you just need to find it.
- Think People First. We believe in investing in, empowering, and prioritizing people. We work as a team and win as a team. We listen with purpose as we speak with courage. We believe in diversity. We always ask ourselves: Is this giving value to our customers? Is this improving our team? Is this helping me be better?
- Start With Why And Fail Fast. We believe that progress is the only way forward; that action is always better than no action; that innovation requires bravery. We believe that every worthwhile “how” starts with an important “why.” If you know the “why”, and you can learn from it, It’s never a failure. It is the operational cost of progress.
- No BS. To matter, you must - stay focused, keep it simple and always move the needle. We don’t have time for BS. We don’t waste energy; we prioritize efficiency; we stay focused; and we always try to optimize for what’s important.
PERKS AND BENEFITS
- Competitive compensation & equity package
- Virtual social events, and annual company offsite
- 401k, Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Tonkean provides each employee with a MacBook Pro and a one-time work from home setup stipend of $1000(USD) upon commencing employment to purchase desk, chair and other work from home tools.
Tonkean welcomes everyone. We believe every member of our team enriches our diversity and inclusion by broadening our ways of problem-solving for future challenges. Even if you don't meet 100% of the qualifications for this job, we strongly encourage you to apply.
Tonkean is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. We believe diversity is important to building a successful business and do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, reproductive health decisions or related medical conditions, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories.