Trade Ledger exists to create a world where every business gets the capital it needs to thrive. Through the use of smart technology and new digital datasets we have created a credit orchestration platform so lenders can embed, launch and scale next-gen working capital products - quickly to a much wider audience.
We specialise in making complex working capital products — Invoice Finance, Asset-Based-Lending, and Receivables Finance — simple, intuitive, and sustainable. From origination to in-life management, our ‘out-of-the-box’ designs help lenders launch new digital products in as little as 90-days.
The Role - Principal Engineer
We are looking for an experienced Principal Engineer reporting directly to the VP of Delivery & Support. This is a high-impact role with input to the technical direction of the company. This is a rare opportunity to build our engineering presence in Krakow from an early stage, joining an existing team of Support & Configuration Engineers, while complementing our engineering team in Sydney. We have big ambitions to build a technical hub that is serious about high quality engineering, driving core components of the Trade Ledger platform.
We’ll be looking to you to take the technical leadership within a small team of junior and more experienced software engineers. Designing and developing enhancements to our product, ensuring that customer requirements are considered, while continuing to adhere to our SaaS product driven strategy. You will engage in design, development and code reviews, acting as a mentor to your colleagues, enabling them to grow in their roles and improve their skill sets. You’ll be empowered to help drive and shape the technical strategy of the business, operating in a fast-paced working environment within a flat-structured organisation.
- Own large projects from conception to delivery
- Be a go to technical expert for the team and challenge technical direction
- Enable Agile processes and effective sprints
- Motivate and mentor the team
- Help define best practice
- Take on critical projects and drive forward with the business
- Problem solving - we’re looking for someone who can think laterally and come up with creative solutions to technical challenges
- Hands-on code writing and development experience ideally Kotlin and Java 17+
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, agile environment and dealing with ambiguity whilst juggling multiple priorities and stakeholders
- Able to demonstrate a comprehensive understanding and commitment to Test-Driven Development, and engineering quality and security considerations into the proposed and delivered engineering solution
- Working knowledge of a variety of technical stacks
- Comprehensive knowledge of major cloud ecosystems and modern development practices including continuous integration, continuous deployment and continuous compliance pipelines
- Exceptional communication skills, can act as a guide and mentor and a true team collaborator
Nice to Have experience
- Knowledge of cloud-based infrastructure, preferably AWS
- A reasonable understanding of front end technologies, such as React and GraphQL would be beneficial
- Experience with containerisation technologies, for example, Docker, Kubernetes
- Collaborating with QA on E2E tests
- An understanding of DevSecOps
- Previous experience working with distributed teams
- Exposure to delivering products and / or technical solutions in a highly regulated environment in accordance with internal and external compliance standards and policies
- Exposure to OpenAPIs and/or developing an SDK for a platform
- Exposure to Open Banking Framework, Payment rails or other mission critical financial systems
Trade Ledger promotes a diverse, flexible and open team culture. We actively invest in continuous professional development because we know that our people are the creators of our success.
Our interview process and panels are designed to ensure we do not discriminate against age, gender, sexual identity or preference or religion.
Something looks off?