Senior Product Manager
Trade Ledger exists to create a world where every business gets the capital it needs to thrive. Through the use of smart technology and new digital datasets we have created a credit orchestration platform so lenders can embed, launch and scale next-gen working capital products - quickly to a much wider audience.
We specialise in making complex working capital products — Invoice Finance, Asset-Based-Lending, and Receivables Finance — simple, intuitive, and sustainable. From origination to in-life management, our ‘out-of-the-box’ designs help lenders launch new digital products in as little as 90-days.
We are looking for an experienced Product Manager to take ownership of the vision and execution of the Trade Ledger platform.
As we’re a fast-growing team, executing complex enterprise transactions with global banks, we need someone that thinks two steps ahead of where we currently are and ensures we are truly prepared to scale into a global technology company. Curiosity will also be key to this role - we're looking for someone who enjoys investigating technical topics and collaborating with people from different backgrounds and with diverse perspectives. It’s who you are as a person that matters to us most.
Product Vision & Management:
- Collaborate with VP Product & Marketing on product vision, help set your team goals and guide the team to ensure these OKRs are achieved
- Translate the product vision and roadmap through to delivery, operation and continuous improvement
- Develop a deep understanding of our customer personas, jobs-to-be-done and product behaviours to build your product intuition and be the voice of the customer in product discussions
- Product lead of a cross-functional team to identify customer needs within your product area and deliver innovative solutions to satisfy those needs
- Develop and prioritise a roadmap with the team and internal and external partners along with a coherent product backlog that supports it
- Collaborate with stakeholders to define and prioritise product features based on business goals, stakeholder expectations and market desirability, making tough decisions on trade-offs between features, timing, and budget
- Manage the backlog to ensure that it is up-to-date, relevant, and actionable for development teams
- Track and monitor features’ performance and functionality after launch to ensure continuous improvement and iterations
- Able to identify, filter and prioritise customer complaints and feedback
- Interpret and apply user research and analytics to product decisions
- Optimise the best technical solutions to avoid over- and under-engineering problems, making sure that the Development effort focuses on the right areas
Collaboration and Team Management:
- Run structured monthly and quarterly cross-team planning and discovery sessions and proactively seek feedback
- Clearly communicate product plans, benefits, and results to the wider team, including C-level execs, external vendors and partners, and external customers
- Lead a product team consisting of Engineers, Designers, Product Managers to build a consistent, reliable shipping cadence whilst creating engaging user experiences
- Proven experience working with SaaS products as a Senior Product Manager
- Good understanding of configurable SaaS platforms and their benefits in building products; Understanding of basic software development concepts and steps required to release/deploy changes to systems is useful
- Ability to comprehend complex development dependencies; the product you will be working with touches the end-to-end lending lifecycle and requires close collaboration with all other product and engineering teams including Customer Delivery
- Able to confidently find solutions to hard problems with many constraints, using good judgement to assess risks, and to lay out your argument in a well-structured, data-informed, written narrative
- Desire to find simple and easily understandable solutions for multidimensional, technical problems. You have shown you have the ability to translate strong user empathy into something tangible that people love
- Clear understanding of the techniques and methods of product discovery and product delivery
- You’re comfortable driving projects from start to finish, with a predictable cadence and involving multiple contributors
- You believe data is the most powerful tool for informed decision-making, and have experience running experiments and interpreting both quantitative and qualitative results
- Ability to engage with engineers, designers, and company leaders in a constructive and collaborative relationship
- A track record of product leadership. You have your team and the company’s interests at heart and aren’t afraid of pushing back in a respectful way.
- You're able to balance being confident and firm whilst remaining humble and a good listener when working with others
Nice to have
- Experience working in a fast-growing start-up
- Experience working within the FinTech and/or Financial Services industry
- Experience in mentoring and leading junior PMs
- Industry knowledge in financial services
This role is hybrid with 1 - 2 days a week in the office.
Trade Ledger promotes a diverse, flexible and open team culture. We actively invest in continuous professional development because we know that our people are the creators of our success.
Our interview process and panels are designed to ensure we do not discriminate against age, gender, sexual identity or preference or religion.
Something looks off?