Senior Frontend Engineer
Trade Ledger exists to create a world where every business gets the capital it needs to thrive. Through the use of smart technology and new digital datasets we have created a credit orchestration platform so lenders can embed, launch and scale next-gen working capital products - quickly to a much wider audience.
We specialise in making complex working capital products — Invoice Finance, Asset-Based-Lending, and Receivables Finance — simple, intuitive, and sustainable. From origination to in-life management, our ‘out-of-the-box’ designs help lenders launch new digital products in as little as 90-days.
The Senior Frontend Engineer will help build the customer-facing portion of the next-generation credit lending platform backing billions of dollars of B2B lending. They will be responsible for developing new frontend channels, maintaining existing frontend channels and working closely with our designers to deliver a high quality UX & UI.
You'll be empowered to help drive and shape the technical direction of the team, operating in a fast-paced agile working environment within a flat-structured organisation.
- Help define best practices
- Develop high quality, accessible, and maintainable front ends, encompassing thorough testing and efficient coding practices
- Understand the importance of various forms of testing across the tech stack
- Ability to provide constructive feedback, challenge and lead technical direction as well as processes
- Problem solving - we’re looking for someone who can think laterally and come up with creative solutions to technical and non-technical challenges
- Support with scoping out of product and engineering-related items
- Understands and practises good software development practices
- Jira hygiene
- Following good Git conventions
- Considering security at every step of the development process and implementing as required
- Incorporating testing into development
- Recognises the end user’s expectations
- 3+ years of experience using React
- 3+ years of experience using TypeScript
- Strong experience integrating with RESTful APIs and engaging with backend engineering teams to achieve outcomes
- Previous involvement in working effectively with designers to deliver UIs that provide high quality UXs.
- Exceptional communication skills - across all areas of the organisation
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, agile environment and dealing with ambiguity whilst juggling multiple priorities
Nice to haves
- 5+ years experience in Product Engineering with a focus on SaaS, Digital and/or Financial Service products
- Experience with GraphQL, SSR frameworks, Java 17+, Kotlin
- Experience with E2E testing frameworks such as Cypress, Playwright or TestCafe
- Knowledge and/or experience working with cloud-based infrastructure (preferably AWS), with the knowledge and ability to work closely with DevSecOps
- Experience with working with diverse and distributed teams across multiple time zones
Trade Ledger promotes a diverse, flexible and open team culture. We actively invest in continuous professional development because we know that our people are the creators of our success.
Our interview process and panels are designed to ensure we do not discriminate against age, gender, sexual identity or preference or religion.
Something looks off?