Watchful is a modern, interactive, workflow-based solution that places the control of data labeling back into the hands of data scientists and subject matter experts. Through our scalable data-centric approach, anyone can holistically explore, classify, annotate and validate any unique dataset to power today’s AI initiatives and business processes. Watchful’s enterprise-ready solution removes the data bottlenecks associated with AI from the start, allowing for the iterative processes of AI, from production to deployment, to be far more cost-effective and scalable.
We are backed by some of the best investors in tech - Foundation Capital, Quiet Capital, Quest Venture Partners, FFVC, and Haystack. We have a bunch of engaged customers from companies big and small that love our product. Our mission is to allow anyone to become a machine teacher.
Excited to help us bring machine teaching to the world? Apply to join our focused and fast-moving team!
As an AI/ML Researcher at Watchful you will play a pivotal role in building the next revolution of machine learning technology. In this role you'll have the opportunity to build groundbreaking technology and push the boundaries of Machine Teaching research. We're looking for a passionate senior Machine Learning Researcher to help us bring some of the things we've been working on into the light by way of publications. You will work on some of the most challenging technical problems, collaborate with world-class engineers and researchers, and develop new ML solutions that will impact every single one of our customers.
- Publish in international conferences
- Collaborate with the best product teams to integrate your ideas into products and features
- Empower others to innovate by way of technical mentorship/guidance, paper publication, and conference talks
- PhD or equivalent practical experience in Computer Science or related technical field
- Demonstrated expertise in machine learning with a passion for fairness and bias in AI
- Publication record in relevant conferences (e.g., NeurIPS, ICML, ICLR, CVPR, ICCV, ECCV, SIGGRAPH, KDD, ACL)
- Strong programming skills in Python
- Hands-on experience working with deep learning toolkits such as Tensorflow, PyTorch, or Keras
- Ability to formulate a research problem, design, experiment, and implement solutions
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment
You might have:
- Experience building production-quality machine learning models and pipelines
- Experience using MLOps platforms like Kubeflow
We offer comprehensive benefits, including:
Unlimited Vacation Policy
Commuter Benefits Access
This is a role at an early stage startup - things move fast here. We're looking for folks who are excited about the prospect of non-linear growth (personally, and by extension for the company) in a team with a singular purpose to bring machine teaching to the rest of the world. If this sounds like something up your alley, we'd love to hear from you!
Watchful is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that everyone should receive equal consideration and treatment. Recruitment, hiring, placements, transfers, and promotions will happen based on qualifications for the positions being filled regardless of sex, gender identity, race, religious creed, color, national origin ancestry, age, physical disability, pregnancy, mental disability, or medical condition.