Kiavi, formerly known as LendingHome, is one of the largest lenders to real estate investors in the United States. With Kiavi’s technology platform and innovative financing solutions, real estate investors are empowered to make informed decisions, close deals faster, and realize the full potential of their real estate investment strategies.
Founded in 2013, Kiavi is committed to helping customers revitalize approximately $25 trillion worth of aged U.S. housing stock and provide move-in ready homes and rental housing for millions of Americans across the country. We have funded almost $13 billion dollars worth of loans across about 52,000+ projects, becoming one of the nation's largest bridge loan lenders.
Combining our technology and industry expertise, Kiavi has grown to a team of over 400 and has won many awards over the years including Forbes Fintech 50, Finovate Awards: Best Digital Mortgage Platform, Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies, and many more.
- Loans Funded: $12.3+ billion in loans funded
- Homes financed: 52,000+ projects funded for our customers across the country. 95% of projects have successful exits
- Geography: 31 states + D.C. where we lend to real estate investors so they can revitalize neighborhoods
- Employees: Over 400 employees
This position can be based remotely in any of our approved hiring regions. Our hybrid distributed workforce philosophy allows us to find the best talent in the country and build diverse teams, while allowing our colleagues to work from the location that works best for them.
We are not approved to hire in the following regions: Arkansas, California, Delaware, Indiana, Iowa, Louisiana, Mississippi, New Hampshire, New Jersey or Oklahoma. As well as: NYC Metro Area, Seattle Metro, Washington DC Metro, Baltimore Metro, Boston Metro, Chicago Metro, Houston Metro, Denver Metro, Portland Metro.
The Construction team is responsible for reviewing and approving rehab/flip-projects (cost, timeline, progress, completion) and, after the loan is originated, reviewing and administering draw-request. This team partners with sales, operations and servicing to create a great customer experience. The Feasibility Analyst will be responsible for guiding our clients through our property rehabilitation process, underwriting the project scope, budget, and timeline to ensure its feasibility, and monitoring the progress and completion of the improvements as they occur. Beyond an analytical orientation, the Feasibility Analyst has the interpersonal skills to foster the relationship with the clients throughout the life of the loan.
- Review the borrowers submitted scope of work documents and conduct the needed due diligence using photos and third-party inspection data to acquire a holistic understanding of the project’s feasibility and the client’s operational capacity.
- Analyze the proposed rehab projects, including reviewing project plans, examining permits requirements, project timelines and verifying the feasibility of the project budgets and scoping.
- Decisioning latitude to establish the risk of proposed rehab project and make an independent final call via a comprehensive feasibility report
- Deliver analysis to the Valuation Department and collaborate with them to resolve specific areas of concern in the project
- Provide continuous feedback to our Underwriting and Risk Departments to improve project screening and risk modeling
- Be an ambassador of the LendingHome brand through regular communication with our clients. Although this is not a sales position many of the same skills are important to your success including patience, empathy, and communication
- An Associate’s or Bachelor's degree is required
- 2-5 years of work experience in a real estate, construction or related field required
- Direct professional experience in residential infill/new construction required
- Ability to review project plans and specifications
- Experience in construction contracts and scopes of work
- Customer-facing experience and strong communication skills through emails and phone calls.
- Track record as a self-starter with a strong intellectual curiosity
- Strong computer skills with experience in Microsoft Office and Google Suite
- Strong ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
- Flexibility and ability to work in a dynamic environment of rapid change
Kiavi takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. The expected annualized base pay range for this full-time role to be performed remotely is $60-$80K + variable bonus + equity + benefits. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries. Within the range, the successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. Your recruiter can share more about the specific base pay range for your preferred location during the hiring process. Please note that the pay range listed above reflects the base salary only, and does not include the target value of bonus [remove if not applicable], equity, or benefits.
We are not approved to hire in the following regions: NYC Metro Area, SF Bay Area, Seattle Metro, Washington DC Metro, Baltimore Metro, Boston Metro, Chicago Metro, Houston Metro, Denver Metro, Portland Metro.
Benefits and Perks
- Product Ownership: All employees think like an owner because all new hires are granted stock options. After meeting a service requirement at Kiavi, we offer an extension to exercise options up to 3 years after termination.
- Health Insurance: Our medical, dental, and vision plans are completely free for employee-only coverage, and the company pays 80% of the total premium for dependents.
- Whole-Person Wellness: Anyone can schedule no-cost unlimited virtual therapy sessions, use a monthly subsidy for fitness facilities, and access reimbursements for fertility services.
- Carrot: The leading global fertility benefits provider, built to support employees through their lifelong fertility healthcare journey.
- Retirement Savings. Employees who participate in our “no fee” 401(k) receive an immediately-vested employer match on 100% of contributions up to 3% of compensation.
- Career Growth: We foster an environment that encourages opportunities to use your voice, do better for our customers and each other, and support your career journey.
- Flexible Time Off: With no cap on the number of days of PTO each year, employees are encouraged to enjoy a well-rounded lifestyle with work, travel, and family.
- Paid Leaves: You’re immediately eligible for up to 12 weeks of paid leave each year to bond with a new child (mothers & fathers) and up to 8 weeks for medical or caregiver leave so you come back ready to deliver high-impact results.
- Remote-First: We win together while still being fully remote, and each employee receives a stipend for their home office setup and a monthly allowance to help with the cost of internet/phone.
Kiavi in the News:
- Comment start HousingWire: 2023 HW Tech100 Winner: Kiavi
- PropTech Connect: Kiavi Closes $209M To Grow Its Funding Capacity
- CrowdFund Insider: Kiavi Closes $158M Revolving Securitization of Residential Transition Loans
- Mortgage Professional America: Real investors’ lender Kiavi achieves milestone
- Inc Magazine: 2022 Best Places to Work: Kiavi