Sr. Software Engineer - React 3D BIM components WebGL/ThreeJS
Brief summary of role:
Do you want to work on building interactive UI features in a dramatically expanding space, on top of an AI image powered backend? Our Ideal candidate loves to solve problems and develop solutions. The OpenSpace culture is highly collaborative and a team player mindset is prized. You'll brainstorm with Product Managers, Designers, Backend, and Frontend Engineers on your team to conceptualize and build new features for our large (and growing!) user base.
You will be a critical part of our UI/UX team, working primarily on 3D components that allow our customers to compare architecturally designed models with what is live on the field during the construction phase. As a key member, you will interact with React, BIM (Building Information Modeling), WebGL related technologies like Three.js, and React Three Fiber.
What you will be doing:
- Hands-on coding - write code using cutting edge technologies in frontend 3D technologies
- Build new application features in an Agile and collaborative environment with established CI/CD pipelines
- Provide technical leadership when performing code reviews, ensuring code re-usability and standardization
- Develop 3D components of BIMs with WebGL tools
- Collaborate with our product, design and QA teams to produce new features and functionality
- Drive advancements in architecture, best practices and processes for the frontend team
- Ensure code quality by writing unit tests and integration tests using Cypress and React-Testing-Library
- Identify and propose solutions for technical debt and engineering investments
- Continuous professional growth and development, and provide mentorship to other devs
What we are looking for:
- 3+ years of experience working in React or 3+ years with Vue.js and at least 1 year of React
- 2+ years of experience with Three.js and WebGL
- Experience with BIM (Building Information Modeling) is highly preferred
- Preferred experience inTypeScript, Redux, Webpack, Material UI, and Cypress or similar technologies
- Bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to analyze business requirements and assess impact within the existing architecture
- The ability to effectively analyze complex technical information to make decisions.
- Ability to communicate in a positive, effective manner to create trusting relationships to garner support for ideas and action
- Advanced proficiency in writing code
- Advanced knowledge and implementation of best practices in software development
Why you should work with us:
- Machine learning and machine vision technologies are the future of construction
- We’ve got a great product market fit, our customers love us, and we are providing real value
- We’ve got a great team of talented people you will learn and grow with
- We are growing fast and scaling
There are many benefits to working at OpenSpace, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, education, demonstrated capabilities, and geographic location within the state. The following salary range applies to this role.
If you are a Colorado applicant:
- The estimated pay range for this role, based in Colorado, is $165,000-$181,000
- Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in OpenSpace’s equity plan.
This role is also eligible to participate in OpenSpace’s equity plan and for the following benefits: health and wellness programs, paid time off, 401(k) retirement account, flexible time off, and paid parental leave.
If this role isn't what you're looking for,please consider other open positions.
OpenSpace welcomes employees from varied backgrounds and walks of life, and it’s reflected in our diverse community. OpenSpace is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Something looks off?